Kimber Anyone have any thoughts on the Kimber Eclipse?

NavyVet19

Fanatic
I'm thinking about getting a Kimber Eclipse 45, custom shop. Anyone have one that can tell their experience with one.

Toms45hd

New Fanatic
I'm thinking about getting a Kimber Eclipse 45, custom shop. Anyone have one that can tell their experience with one.
Once owned a kimber eclipse pro with a bull barrel. Eventually sold it loved the look but just couldn't get it to be reliable lots of stove pipes.

SoCal1911

Fanatic
My Eclipse 45ACP is an older one made in 2004. Fantisc pistol, loves 200gr SWC, more accurate then myself. No issues except a littlfe fnicky with mags. Runs really well with Wilson mags . The MIM sear and all ignition parts replaced with Cylinder & Slide parts (excellent). Trigger job at 2lbs.
Kimber quality now days is questionable per others, but I never had any issues.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
I think that Kimber has aimed at the " bling" market. They have really gone overboard (IMHO) on the finishes that they offer.
The basic gun is good, just not great.

Personally I'd rather spend my $$$ on fitment instead of looks.

It DOES seem to work out well for them though.

Maxfam

New Fanatic
Had a Kimber Gold Match many years ago, my first 1911, purchased new. This was Kimber's top of the line 1911 at the time. The quality was far from what I expected, very low. Sold it to a LGS for a loss. Gave up on 1911's until my son introduced me to Dan Wesson's, now I have four Dan Wesson 1911's, 3 45's and 1 10mm, the quality is solid. Somebody pays for the 3 full page ads that are in every gun magazine. Buy a Dan Wesson, new or used and don't look back.

Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten" is true.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Gonna be lots of opinions on Kimber, my first 1911 a Custom 2, all i shot competition wise in IDPA CDP division, or since just local matches I'd use 10 rd mags and shoot in esp division, not exactly legal but nobody cared, I probably have 8000 rds plus through it, a few fail to eject I'd have to blame on me hardly ever cleaning it, don't use it much anymore, older I get 9mm more appealing to me, my next 1911 will be the Kimber KHX optic ready 5". Kimber best I remember had trouble with extractors but worked that out, have heard good and bad about customer service, never used them so no personal experience. I would buy one with no hesitation but their are tons of good options for sure, after the KHX next will be Springfield Operator with rail, don't have a 1911 with a rail. I've got a buddy at work that wanted the Rapide but decided on Springfield Emissary because the only 5" we could find with a bull barrel, anyway good luck with whatever you pick and enjoy it!

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I've read too many reports by Kimber owners that have nice, working 1911's to describer them as junk.
I've also read too many posts about issues with Kimber 1911's, some were fixed by the factory, others reported having what can only be described as poor customer service, when their issues were presented to the customer service dept. I've noticed, looking thru any Gun mag ( I used to subscribe to several, for many years, ) & still read newer issues of current magazines, (when I find them lying around) and this is true ; " Somebody pays for the 3 full page ads that are in every gun magazine." If Kimber spent 1/2 of it's advertising budget on quality control & customer service, they'd have a MUCH better reputation.
I've avoided owning the brand for that reason. As always, YMMV.. ;)

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah I certainly get it and I agree on the adds, probably 75% of gun mags I've read Kimber has at least the back cover full page, but all gun manufacturers should take lessons from Hi Point, yes I am a fan, my first semi automatic pistol a C9, bought a 40 and 45 used for almost nothing, sent them to Hi Point and came back like new with extra goodies, my sons and I get them out now and then and take to the range, big gaudy and fun to shoot

Trump.45

Fanatic
My brother was an armorer at Fort Sheridan. Civilian armorer. He always told me to stay away from these two types of firearms makers. Taurus and Kimber.

NavyVet19

Fanatic
I ended up getting the Kimber Eclipse. I'm hoping to take it out this week coming to try it out. I believe that it's from 2017, at least it matches the one in the 2017 Kimber catalog. I'll try to take pictures this weekend. The Raptor 2 I have shoots really good and never had a problem with it.

Latest posts