Ammo Coming Soon But I Need Your Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What caliber ammo would you like to see us make the most?

• Total voters

Master Gunworks

Active Fanatic
Hello! Here at Master Gunworks we are not only making hand-built 1911s we are also getting back into the ammo manufacturing game. Just like before we will specialize in high quality ammo. As always, I want to serve you the best that I can. But I need your help. What do you guys use the most? What would you like to see more of? What can I make to best serve your needs? I created a poll. You can select as many choices as you like. Please feel free to comment if there is something else you would like to see.

Thank you,
Jon

Gold Standard (3).pngbullet pic.jpg

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello! Here at Master Gunworks we are not only making hand-built 1911s we are also getting back into the ammo manufacturing game. Just like before we will specialize in high quality ammo. As always, I want to serve you the best that I can. But I need your help. What do you guys use the most? What would you like to see more of? What can I make to best serve your needs? I created a poll. You can select as many choices as you like. Please feel free to comment if there is something else you would like to see.

Thank you,
Jon
Jon,
The numbers are coming up the way that I thought it would. 9mm is the most abundantly used round in the country and a 1911 site would be high on 45acp. The high .357mag is a little surprising and the low 10mm/40S&W is not surprising, too bad. It will be interesting to watch where it goes to.

1658358536367.gif

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
30-40 yrs ago, I wouldn't have been caught dead with more than one box of 9mm. (For my Blackhawk convertible) now days it's a thing and almost hate to admit it is useful and makes sense
It sucks when we figure out someone else may have been right doesn't it? I still love 45acp, but I confess to shooting 9mm more and more. Also 38 special

Jack1911

Fanatic
I was a data analyst for a billion dollar consumer goods mfg. company. This is to nuanced of a group to get an understanding of market potential. Gunbroker says 9mm is around 26% of the market- that is where you start (I don't remember the exact number but it is in the drop down). In that group, you will find your target segments.

If you capture .05% of the 9mm market(26%) you will have a larger market share than .05% of the 45acp market which is like 2%.

Master Gunworks

Active Fanatic
I was a data analyst for a billion dollar consumer goods mfg. company. This is to nuanced of a group to get an understanding of market potential. Gunbroker says 9mm is around 26% of the market- that is where you start (I don't remember the exact number but it is in the drop down). In that group, you will find your target segments.

If you capture .05% of the 9mm market(26%) you will have a larger market share than .05% of the 45acp market which is like 2%.
Thank you for the info and your expertise! Very interesting!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic

Hello Jack, and welcome aboard. We are very happy to have you as a part of this big happy family. Thank you for your input, It is interesting.

Master Gunworks

Active Fanatic
If you would like to get updates, information and new product release info, feel free to send me a message with your email and I will add you to our list.

I would like to thank the group for all of your support.

Thank you,
Jon

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic

So 1/4 of all the pistol ammo is 9mm. My SWAG is that the only other to compete with 9mm in the pistol world would be 22LR. 1658628744106.gif

Jack1911

Fanatic
So 1/4 of all the pistol ammo is 9mm. My SWAG is that the only other to compete with 9mm in the pistol world would be 22LR. View attachment 27390
Yeah, spot on. It would be more of a quantity vs. quality play. You might sell lots of 22lr, but how much dollar share market can you capture? You would be looking at a lot of work for penny margins. I bet you would be able to capture more dollars in a high quality 45-70 at $80 a box(20). Less manufacturing work too. The only thing is that it is hard to demand those premiums without a lot of marketing/advertising. So there's the catch-22. You have an expensive product that no one wants.
So a premium round in the largest available market would set up a new company for lots of potential buyers, mitigating the loss potential for ammo that doesn't sell. The risk is still there, the goal would be to reduce it.

That being said, I am probably not the target customer.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
My retirement job is retail firearm / ammo sales. May not be useful, but, we have not seen shortages of .308 or 5.56 ammo at all. and 9mm made a quick recovery for us as well, typically lots of .45auto , too.
What we don't see often is typical hunting ammo, We are in northern rockies, so from .243 thru 300 win mag.

I hope this is somehow useful for you. I, too, load most of my range ammo. Can always take on more primers / powder

Latest posts