Add a red dot to my 1911

stevev331

Fanatic
I have not forgotten this thread. I still have not gotten my frame and slide back. The machinist cutting my slide had a death in the family so he won't be able to get to my slide until this coming weekend. And the Cerekote guy doesn't want to coat the frame without the slide. He has some ideas to blend the pattern to the frame and the slide.

So, patiently waiting. Will definitely post a few pics when I get it all back.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Interesting article here;

This method has probably been covered though. Good luck, I'm in the same boat as your are, getting a little worse each year, Mini stroke in my right eye added to the problem for me, red dots kept me shooting.

Guardian

Fanatic
In 2021 my eyes took a turn for the wurst:p

Tried different sight combos, and decided to take the plunge on my daily carry Springfield.
Did some research, and ended up sending it to CHPWS, who did a direct mill and installed the RMRcc I sent them.

They mill off the rear dovetail, so thru them I found a PMM rear sight that installs in the RMR.
The entire thing took about 10 days round trip, and the work is fantastic.
The only problem is changing the battery, which requires a dismount and a re-zero.

IMG_20221209_105308398-1.jpg

The rear sight.

20220823_180428.jpg

20220823_181842.jpg

The rear sight required a .350 front, which I special ordered from Dawson, and installed myself.

IMG_20221022_121020425.jpg

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok folks not sure where to post this but here goes. What are your opinions of Heinie sights? I'm thinking if eventually having a set of their original sights added to
One of my MK3 Hi Powers. I want a wider sight notch and a white dot added. I'm not a big night sight fan ( personal choice)
Nor am I a fan of fiber optics either ( again personal choice) I'd appreciate any and all feedback. I use either stock sights or a retro style rear sight with a .150 notch and either a white dot or plain black front sight. Thank you In advance

Last edited:

Guardian

Fanatic
Heinie,
Yes. Quality product, I've never had an issue.
Love the straight 8 setup.
Have Warren on my guardian, not crazy about them....will probably replace them with a, 10-8 rear and a Kensight orange/tritium.

Latest posts