3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday Nov. 24th

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I think that every time I shoot one of these I'm cussing to myself AND at myself at some point for the weird shooting positions. But I haven't shot one yet that I didn't learn something and that's kinda the whole point. Wish I could have been out there Saturday, but I was smoking turkey and ham and eating. We had a late T-Day dinner. Hope to make next month.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Ive seen some military guys that were trained to shoot in a sitting position with their knees drawn up and clenching their hands between their knees for stability. Is it legal to do that in a match? Seems like that would be the way to go for shooting small targets at a distance.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Ive seen some military guys that were trained to shoot in a sitting position with their knees drawn up and clenching their hands between their knees for stability. Is it legal to do that in a match? Seems like that would be the way to go for shooting small targets at a distance.

yes it is... but it is all about balancing time.. if you can hit them faster including the time it takes you to get into and out of that position, then do it, if it doesn't then don't.. make sense??

also curious about dec match.. i had my car loaded up and ready to go for this match and then (long story) we got a call to pick up a dog in ada and i didn't get into bed until after 1... really hoping there is a match in dec..

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
That makes sense... I can see how if you've got a lot of targets spread out and are relativity close just taking a knee would be good.

But what do I know, I've never shot a match. heh :)

Latest posts