3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday Nov. 24th

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Oklahoma City Gun Club will be hosting its monthly 3 gun match at the North end of the Action Pistol range on Saturday Nov, 24th.

Sign in starts at 9:00. Shooting to start at around 9:30.

Cost is $15 for OKC Gun Club Members
Cost is $20 for non members

As usual, We'll be shooting 4 to 5 stages out to 300 yds.

Set-up will start around 2:00 p.m. on the Friday before.

As always, if there is any doubt about weather issues that could impact the match, check the OKC Gun Club IPSC website â€" http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org

From the Match Director Kurt Miller:

For 3-gun matches, plan on 75 pistol, 75 rifle, and 50 shotshell, each and every time! Always bring 5 -10 slugs. If we need any special shotgun ammo like buckshot, that will be announced, but if you always plan on that you will be fine. We don’t usually post the stages or the round counts â€" just show up and shoot. (Note: these are the minimum ammo requirements and I personally bring 100 pistol, 100 rifle.)

New rules of the Oklahoma City Gun Club 3-Gun matches are posted on the club website:

http://ipsc.okcguncl...-3gun_rules.pdf

Kurt/Mike/Curly
If any of the above needs to change, let me know.

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
looking to make this my very first 3 gun match. :yahoo: I've got ammo questions though. i shoot Tula regularly through my rifle with great results, in fact, its the only ammo i buy.

Does Tula have a steel core projectile?

is this ammo allowed on the range?

if its not, is pretty much all brass cased ammo safe to bring?

Just want to know what ammo is allowed. i don't want to get DQ'd because of my ammo. I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities for that.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse would know better than me, but I think the guys who put on the match allow all kinds of 223 ammo, unlike most ranges, but better check with Jesse.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Talked to Kurt a little bit today and tried to see what I could find out stage-wise...

He didn't let any details out, but it looks like everything from 3 to 300 yds and everything in between.

The stage ideas sounded simple (or he was dumbing it down so much that even I could understand it) but very challenging. (the stages as well as finding a way for me to understand it....)

Sounds like a great one in store!

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic
Ready for my first 3 gun match..............

pre_1353468856__img_1269_1.jpg

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
Doc! i just got mine done tonight too and this will be my first three gun match as well. where did you get that bottom compartment?

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 41
  • GetAttachment1.jpg
    GetAttachment1.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 45

OlSlyGuy

Well-Known Fanatic
hmmmmm, mine seems to be missing something though.....oh ya! how do i get my hands on one of those sweet boomershooter patches?!

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Is it free and open for non okcgc members to come watch? I'd really like to see what 3 gun is about.

If you come out and watch, after the first shooter on the first stage you'll be wishing you were participating. I'm about 90% sure I'll be there. Why don't you come out and run my guns? You could bring your own factory ammo or I could bring extra and we settle up cheaply based on what you shoot. If I can't make it I'm sure someone else will let you run their guns.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Dustin, are you intentionally trying to get my wife to divorce me? Last thing I need is to put a 3-Gun habit on my already poor impulse control when it comes to new guns. lol

jhjh11

Well-Known Fanatic
Adam I have only watched one 3gun match and it hurt severely you can run my guns and gear if your slow who cares not me my first match I loaded shotgun one at a time.
I shot a 2011 built by Bennie hill
Benelli m2 built by mike at accurate iron (gorgeous boom stick)
Frankenar that I put together

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
I may have to take you guys up on the offer. If nothing else, I can get some extra finger prints on your guns in case you ever need them.

Latest posts