3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will be setting up around 2 tomorrow, if anyone can make it to help.
you will also be signing up on a squad when you sign in and pay. New/newish shooters will be placed on squads in order to maintain a good ratio of experience vs. inexperience.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I'll be at this match. Not sure if I can get off work early enough to set up or not though.

Any new shooters out there wanting to try out 3gun but don't have the equipment yet, bring ammo and you can shoot mine and I'm sure others are willing to loan too so don't let guns/equipment be the reason you don't come out and give it a go.

nice of you, Matt!

We do have to be reasonable when loaning out equipment though, Id say really no more than two guys to a rifle/shotgun, and make sure youre spread out on the squad order. Also, realize that sharing guns is gonna put more of a load on the other guys, so make sure if youre sharing stuff, youre still pulling your load as a member of the squad.

The more folks swapping gear, etc, the less we'll have to set up and tape targets. This can slow down a squad and hurt the flow of all squads.. This was a little bit of a problem at the last match we had.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
I am planning to make the match Saturday. I may have to leave a bit early though. I have everything I need for gear except a rifle. Come on Loki. So if I can squad with someone who doesn't mind sharing their rifle I'm in. I have factory brass cased .223.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
My wife is gonna be making her 3 gun debut...I wont be shooting so I can be there to coach her and help her out.
I cant be there Friday since the wicked witch of the mid-west (my boss) says no time off without 1 week notice. New policy...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
nice of you, Matt!

We do have to be reasonable when loaning out equipment though, Id say really no more than two guys to a rifle/shotgun, and make sure youre spread out on the squad order. Also, realize that sharing guns is gonna put more of a load on the other guys, so make sure if youre sharing stuff, youre still pulling your load as a member of the squad.

The more folks swapping gear, etc, the less we'll have to set up and tape targets. This can slow down a squad and hurt the flow of all squads.. This was a little bit of a problem at the last match we had.

I won't be shooting but if somebody needs guns and gear give me a shout and I'll try to help you out.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I am planning to make the match Saturday. I may have to leave a bit early though. I have everything I need for gear except a rifle. Come on Loki. So if I can squad with someone who doesn't mind sharing their rifle I'm in. I have factory brass cased .223.

Feel free to squad up with me. I'll probably wear a Boomer shooter t shirt so I'll be easy to spot.

Clucky C

9mm
Nothing like last minute planning...

I have a 20 ga. but it doesn't have a tube extension, and I have no caddy. So............can anyone help me out with this, or does anyone have a 20 ga. & caddy I can borrow for tomorrow?

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
Nothing like last minute planning...

I have a 20 ga. but it doesn't have a tube extension, and I have no caddy. So............can anyone help me out with this, or does anyone have a 20 ga. & caddy I can borrow for tomorrow?

I think others have said that a 12 gauge caddy will work with 20 gauge shells as long as they are 2 3/4". If that's the case I think most people will have something you can borrow. As far as the mag tube ext. It isn't necessary to have only a nice big bonus. You will just have to plan your stages with more reloads, but not that big a deal.

Clucky C

9mm
Thanks, guys. We are going to try removing the plug, and getting shells to fit the 12 ga. caddy.
Thanks for the offer, Wormy, but I'd really like to go with the 20, because I'm a wuss....
I'm headed out there to help set up.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
It's pretty soft recoiling. But it's kinda heavy. Il bring it anyways in case somebody wants to use it.

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
She saw my wife shoot my SLP which is probably why she is shaking in her boots...I have found that men really cant judge the recoil of a firearm effectively when trying to relate it to a woman...I think my SLP is one of the mildest recoiling shotguns I have ever shot...but the wife came home with bruises after less than 50 rounds...Shes a champ though. Its just the weight and size a that really get her, she cant support far enough out on the weapon to control it effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.