2013 Contingency Program Discussion

Brandi

Well-Known Fanatic
Stupid question time. I'm a noob to Boomer and I've never shot a competition in my life except NRA youth stuff. I've always wanted to try it but my disability isn't at a point where I could even finish a competition. Is there any reason for me to buy a jersey if there's almost no chance I'll be competing this year? Other than the cool factor of the shirt of course.

jackson923

Well-Known Fanatic
Quick question for guys with shirts from last year, I typically wear an XL should I order an XL or order a XXL? Not sure how the shirts are cut and I usually have a hard time with some of the XL shirts fitting my arms. I want to make sure it fits comfortably and not like spandex.
Thanks.

Tomdoughman

Active Fanatic

Brandi said:
Stupid question time. I'm a noob to Boomer and I've never shot a competition in my life except NRA youth stuff. I've always wanted to try it but my disability isn't at a point where I could even finish a competition. Is there any reason for me to buy a jersey if there's almost no chance I'll be competing this year? Other than the cool factor of the shirt of course.

I'm new too, and just the shirt and a posted pic is good for 20 pts. I hope to shoot some events if my schedule and ammo supply allow. But if not I only need one entry to win something!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I wear an XL in t shirt, polo shirts and jerseys. You don't want a bunch if extra material around your waste. If you do you can grab a handful of jersey instead of magazine or pistol. The longer length on these shirts helps out getting around your dickiedo belly and keeps the shirt tucked in when you bend over to pick up steal.

jtischauser

Brandi said:
You get 20 points just for buying the jersey. You could win a gun fur that and look great doing So. Plus what better attire is there for church, trips to the range, Halloween, Mardi gras, etc.?

Plus who knows when we will do a random giveaways to our jersey owners?

jackson923

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
The longer length on these shirts helps out getting around your dickiedo belly and keeps the shirt tucked in when you bend over to pick up steal.
:yahoo: Sweet I hate ma crack hang'n out

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I had to add a new rule.

You get the 20 points for the 2013 jersey when you post a photo SHOOTING in the jersey.

I had someone come up with the idea of buying half their family shirts so they could get extra points. I was pretty upset with this. Not by the concept but because I didn't think of it first. I'm usually a GAMER.

:)

jtischauser

CBR said:
Dear Mr. Moderator,

Does shooting a two day match in two different jerseys qualify for two points or one?
B.S. DuBois said:
One
It's one point per match.
I will add that its one point for shooting multiple guns/divisions at the same match. ie shooting rim fire and center fire at your local steel challenge etc

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Guys. Do me a favor

Quit ****ing gaming this.

You shoot a match its 1 point.

If the match is called "bobs steel challenge" and is 2 daysandyou shoot 736 different guns. Guess what. ONE POINT

If you don't like it feel free to find another website that gives away as much as we do.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
B.S. DuBois said:
Guys. Do me a favor

Quit ****ing gaming this.

You shoot a match its 1 point.

If the match is called "bobs steel challenge" and is 2 daysandyou shoot 736 different guns. Guess what. ONE POINT

If you don't like it feel free to find another website that gives away as much as we do.
No bonus points then if I wear body paint at random times in public with the boomer shooter logo while thinking about contemplating my indecisiokn about this contest?

Feegee

The Magic Man
Brandon I appreciate the hard work put into getting these jerseys going, and also keeping up with the points, and making this the best sight out there!

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

jtischauser

TacticalK9 said:
So shooting two matches in 1 day is the way to do it.
If you shoot 3MR in TX in the daytime then go hit Heartland Sunday night like I did last night. That counts as two matches. Two groups of shooters get to see the jersey which is why we are doing this.

jtischauser

Guys and Gals don't forget to post a video/picture of you in your jersey at the match and a link to the SCORES. Without both the entry will not count.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Also - I am deleting any posts in tracking threads that are not actually entries. This is the only way to keep it organized. If you have a question or comment PM the person as it will be deleted otherwise

jtischauser

B.S. DuBois said:
Also - I am deleting any posts in tracking threads that are not actually entries. This is the only way to keep it organized. If you have a question or comment PM the person as it will be deleted otherwise

Our moderators will be on the look out doing the same things.

cyprant

Active Fanatic
I know a newbie around here and I'm happy to be here. I think this contingency program is going to be pretty fun. I do have a question/suggestion though. The 1 point per match is cool for local matches, but have you thought about giving 2 points for area/state matches? Maybe 6 for national matches? Just an idea to encourage shooters to wear your shirt at the bigger matches...

Hope I'm not out of line as its only my first day here...

I ordered a shirt, Hope its here before my State match in April!!

Latest posts