2013 Contingency Program Discussion

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Jeff T said:
So I ordered my Jersey about 3 weeks ago, and called and gave a credit card number...
Still no Jersey :(
How long should it take to show up?
Do I need to call and check on it?
The rest of the story...
Jersey arrived in the mail on Saturday, 04/20/13, It came priority mail. The envelope looked like it came through a mud slide/avalanche but the jersey was in good shape. I wore it Sunday night to the Heartland Outdoors match.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Soooooooooooooo I wore my shirt yesterday for the first time at my monthly subgun match. I think I can say I'm the first to shoot a suppressed mini uzi in competition with my shirt on :) I also won the match which was nice and my good buddy who just won the nationals had a very odd moment where he got lost in the middle of a stage which helped increase my lead. I gotta say I dig the shirt and it didn't come untucked. I got one hell of a farmers tan but I'll be rocking some sun screen next time.

A fast and fun stage.. bad camera distance but I was trying out some new angles with the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=burE1BKe4AA

My buddy having a momentary loss of direction mid-stage while I RO him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf9YZUNyOI0

Digging the shirt. I might need another one as I could wear this bad boy out.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Awesome!

How many shooters do you get at these sub gun matches?

Is there a competitive sub gun organization?

Looks like a blast and a reason to get a sub gun.

Wait what is the definition of a sub gun?

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Awesome!

How many shooters do you get at these sub gun matches?

Is there a competitive sub gun organization?

Looks like a blast and a reason to get a sub gun.

Wait what is the definition of a sub gun?
We get 20-40 shooters depending on weather and schedules. I think this one had 24 competitors and the last month had 36.

There was an organization years ago which crumbled due to infighting before I came into the sport. A few of us are discussing starting a new one.

A subgun is a pistol caliber machine gun. I shoot Uzi's but there are MP5's Sterlings, Stens... etc.. all the awesome guns from all the movies most of us watched as kids. The big difference for subgun competitions and other disciplines is where the skill comes in. It's about proper posture to reduce recoil and it's about target engagement. You can put multiple rounds on a target to neutralize it with one trigger squeeze so it makes things a lot of fun. You'd be amazed how many folks have a subgun and still put multiple single shots on targets that require 2+ shots instead of a burst.

I'll be shooting in the subgun nationals in Oct. I won it back in 2011 and we'll see how this year goes and I'll pimp my boomer shooter shirt this time. That year was a fun course of fire with a star trek theme. If you guys get a chance to shoot in one of these do it. It's a ton of fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3jrzgP1UFw

jtischauser

I've wanted an Uzi ever since Mr. T used one on the A Team!

This might be my excuse to become the white Mr. T.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Knob Creek Range in
Jesse Tischauser said:
Where is nationals? I take it there is no long range portion?
Knob Creek gun range in Kentucky . http://www.machinegunshoot.com . They have nationals twice a year. April and Oct. Apparently this last one which was last month had a lighter than usual turn out due to ammo but I suspect if things get back to normal in Oct it should be off the hook. Bring it. Mr T used a Ruger AC556 (full auto mini-14) if I recall. I've been tempted to run the MGM ironman in the trooper division as it allows for the use of a subgun instead of a pistol. I do believe I'd tare that **** up :) The lugging all my gear around part is what I'm not too sure I'd do well with. Anyway.. sorry for hijacking the thread :wink: we can chit chat about subguns over at the class3 area if ya like

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic
Quick question.

I you shoot 2 matches on the same day at the same club is that 2 points?

Ie: TCGC has a action pistol match followed by a supplemental match, that could be pistol, shotgun, long range rifle or rimfire. There is an additional entry fee for the supplemental match.

jtischauser

Different match at the Same club on the same day only counts for one.

The concept of the jersey is to have more people see the logos. If the same people see it twice in one day it's not the same as exposing more shooters to you in your shirt at different places.

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:

The concept of the jersey is to have more people see the logos. If the same people see it twice in one day it's not the same as exposing more shooters to you in your shirt at different places.
I have a match like this at one club, 3-gun in the morning and steel match in the afternoon. Some people shoot both matches but each match has a dedicated crowd. How about a half point :p

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:

Booooooooo!!!!

jackson923

Well-Known Fanatic
MiniUzi said:
We get 20-40 shooters depending on weather and schedules. I think this one had 24 competitors and the last month had 36.

There was an organization years ago which crumbled due to infighting before I came into the sport. A few of us are discussing starting a new one.

A subgun is a pistol caliber machine gun. I shoot Uzi's but there are MP5's Sterlings, Stens... etc.. all the awesome guns from all the movies most of us watched as kids. The big difference for subgun competitions and other disciplines is where the skill comes in. It's about proper posture to reduce recoil and it's about target engagement. You can put multiple rounds on a target to neutralize it with one trigger squeeze so it makes things a lot of fun. You'd be amazed how many folks have a subgun and still put multiple single shots on targets that require 2+ shots instead of a burst.

I'll be shooting in the subgun nationals in Oct. I won it back in 2011 and we'll see how this year goes and I'll pimp my boomer shooter shirt this time. That year was a fun course of fire with a star trek theme. If you guys get a chance to shoot in one of these do it. It's a ton of fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3jrzgP1UFw
That video and shooting was bad a$$.

jtischauser

Good news everybody! We are doing an exclusive giveaway for everyone that has bought a BoomerShooter jersey. We will be giving away a TDSA training certificate good for an AP1 class. Drawing will be in July 1st. Winner will be choosen randomly from the 20 point contingency tracker thread. That's the one with all the pictures of everyone's jersey pictures. Since the drawing is over a month away you still have time to get a jersey and get in on the winning.

Good luck and thanks for being part of the forum!

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Last weekend I was getting inquiries about my BoomerShooter jersey, and was just about to tell them about the contingency, when one guy said, "So, you're a sponsored shooter?" Well, I hesitated, puffed up a bit, and I'm sorry guys, said, "Why, yes, I am". Then after the match, he came back up to me and asked where I really got the jersey, so I came clean and told about the program. Sometimes I need semi-pro guidance to keep myself out of trouble...

jtischauser

BobS761 said:
Last weekend I was getting inquiries about my BoomerShooter jersey, and was just about to tell them about the contingency, when one guy said, "So, you're a sponsored shooter?" Well, I hesitated, puffed up a bit, and I'm sorry guys, said, "Why, yes, I am". Then after the match, he came back up to me and asked where I really got the jersey, so I came clean and told about the program. Sometimes I need semi-pro guidance to keep myself out of trouble...
You are sponsored by the forum sponsors along with everyone else that has a jersey. When you win a $1000 pistol or anything off the virtual prize table at the end of this year you will have gotten more free stuff than the majority of "sponsored" shooters wearing jerseys out there.

jtischauser

Remember we are giving away a $400 certificate to TDSA's AP1 class to one lucky shooter in this thread on July 1st.
We are going to keep doing giveaways like this as the year progresses so its never too late to wear it, wear it good!

ShaneP

Looks good to me
Jesse Tischauser said:
Good news everybody! We are doing an exclusive giveaway for everyone that has bought a BoomerShooter jersey. We will be giving away a TDSA training certificate good for an AP1 class. Drawing will be in July 1st. Winner will be choosen randomly from the 20 point contingency tracker thread. That's the one with all the pictures of everyone's jersey pictures. Since the drawing is over a month away you still have time to get a jersey and get in on the winning.

Good luck and thanks for being part of the forum!
How do I obtain my TDSA certificate?

Seriously though, was there a winner selected that I didn't see announced somewhere?

Latest posts