2013 BoomerShooter.com Jersey

Jason Taucher

Well-Known Fanatic
If it had nothing but some manufacturer's logo on it I'd be right there w/ya, but when you start putting the site, sponsors and shooting associations on it, it becomes a symbol. Wear it proudly my friend. :)

Jason Taucher

Well-Known Fanatic
It's definitely a matter of perspective. Coming in as a new shooter I obviously see someone wearing the the shirt differently than you vets probably do. Let me ask you guys this, what goes thru your mind when when you see a soldier in uniform vs some guy in surplus camo? Hopefully there's a level of disctinction there when it comes to professionalism and expertise. That's what new shooters see.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Sasquatauch said:
It's definitely a matter of perspective. Coming in as a new shooter I obviously see someone wearing the the shirt differently than you vets probably do. Let me ask you guys this, what goes thru your mind when when you see a soldier in uniform vs some guy in surplus camo? Hopefully there's a level of disctinction there when it comes to professionalism and expertise. That's what new shooters see.
I felt somewhat mortified the first time I wore the jersey, but in the end, it really is just a shirt.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I have to say this thread took a turn that I did not see coming.

So now I don't know if you are supposed to be a GM shooter to wear one of our jerseys or if it is OK to suck as long as your helpful?

Jason Taucher

Well-Known Fanatic
Let me throw one more long-thinking idea out there. NASCAR got it's start from moonshiners. Moonshiners eventually got to racing their cars against one another for fun. It drew attention and now you have have one of the most lucrative and athlete-accesible sports in the US. See a coorelation?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Sasquatauch said:
Let me throw one more long-thinking idea out there. NASCAR got it's start from moonshiners. Moonshiners eventually got to racing their cars against one another for fun. It drew attention and now you have have one of the most lucrative and athlete-accesible sports in the US. See a coorelation?
No, but after reading this thread I do want a drink.

45recoil

likes to party
So in order for one to feel comfortable in a boomershooter jersey there has to be a moonshine race between military and dudes wearing camo while newbies sit along the sidelines?

Hell, sign me up !! Ill be wearing my boomershooter jersey holding my D class card.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
I have to say this thread took a turn that I did not see coming.

So now I don't know if you are supposed to be a GM shooter to wear one of our jerseys or if it is OK to suck as long as your helpful?
I would go with it is OK to suck as long as you are helpful.

(I'm just busting your balls Burk. You are the only mod I can still outshoot. I have to get in my shots while I still can.)

Tomdoughman

Active Fanatic
It's a bonding thing. Plus I'm gonna really make the shirt look good.

Always remember it's not how you do, it's how you look.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Steve McGinley said:
If you're wearing a shirt to shoot a match, might as well wear one that gets you a chance to win a pistol :D

I didn't get one before this year because I knew I wasn't good enough to represent, but after shooting matches with all the good folks on here it isn't about how good you are, it's about getting out shooting matches, promoting gun owners to becoming shooters, and having fun!

I'm good enough to finish last at a match (been there, done that), but I've got a shirt on the way!
Good post Steve. It's worth every penny when someone at Walmart or the gas station asks what I do too. The more people that see shooting as a sport the better.

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
Ouch. Speaking of cold, you guys are brutal. Love it. That is the way it should be, everyone busting balls and having fun.

Latest posts