2011 Oklahoma State Snubby Championships

LStevens

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice, David!

Also, since everyone gave me so much **** about not shooting .357 at the last match, I will shoot this match with my +P loads. Since it is a "carry" gun match we should at least shoot our carry loads every once in a while.
I did my time last match and got my merit badge, plus I got my nails done so I'm punking and shooting practice rounds. They are +P .38 but I'll be using the flamethrower. Don't worry Burk, at least you shot revo last match....wait you punked on that too!!!

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Do you hold a multi gun match indoors?

This one will be the first, it was put together as an alternative for those of us who were planning to shoot our normal 3rd Sunday Multigun match that got canceled this month. I was super disappointed about the cancelation, but this eases the pain a bit.

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
Just found the thread that explains the indoor multi-gun match. Got some pistol and shoot gun in at the Pro Am @ USSA today, and I don't have enough mags for the AR-22 or my .22 GSG 1911. Think I will sit out the rim fire multi-gun match and set up my new press and reload some food for the AR's that are hungry. :dance:

But I do plan on shooting the evening pistol match. :D

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
I have extra AR-22 mags that go with my Nordic upper you can borrow, but you only need two.

Thanks David. I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to save the $20 entry fee for the evening pistol match.
Hope y'all have fun and I will see y'all in the evening.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Great match. CONGRATULATIONS DAVID ELDERTON! 2011 OKLAHOMA STATE SNUBBY CHAMPION

A couple of things I learned if I am going to continue to carry a snubby

1. Don't carry a 6 round speed loader with a 5 round gun
2. Carry some extra speed strips

Bevenue

Well-Known Fanatic
great match David you made the drive down from Tulsa worth it.

P.S. Burk I think I helped Leo just enough to beat you.

LStevens

Well-Known Fanatic
Another excellent match put on by David E. And many thanks to Heartland for letting us have it there. Don't forget to buy stuff from them and tell them you are there for the match too. Can't wait fro the next match. Maybe 1911's on 911?

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Contemplating last night's shoot, I realized that while a 6 shot snubby might have an advantage over a 5 shot one in a gun fight, in this match it was a disadvantage because I felt compelled to shoot all 6 rounds. I did'nt need to do so and those extra shots cost me time.

That is the competitor part of me talking. The pragmatist part of me still says shoot 6 shots because It would be the thing to do in self defense.

Thanks to David E for another super duper challenge and to all my compadres for a good time.

And special thanks to Heartland Outdoors for the use of the range and gift.

Cheers

K

Latest posts