2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge, June 25th & 26th

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'm not seeing any BoomerShooter jerseys
angry.gif

Jesse? et tu, Jesse?

I had my Accurate Iron/LOKI/BoomerShooter jersey on all 3 days.

jtischauser

Ryan and Josh have shown interest in a major carbine match once USSA ownership settles in. I think with the help of us regulars we could make it happen. We definitely need more volunteers than we had at high plains though.

Chambers

actual GM
Its too hard to gauge improvement gained in practice when you don't get to compete.

We probably have 20% of the nation's 3-gun talent in Oklahoma, so I'd argue that we have the best local matches to see where you are. Arcadia/USSA are pretty good yardsticks unless there's a major going on and everybody's gone.

I know we get to shoot our rifles in the 3gun matches but its just not the same when your competing for your name on top of the list as it is when your competing for prizes.

I think we need to look into some kind of point system where the winners get something at the end of the year of something. Id be happy with a trophy.(not that i would ever get one) but at least there would be something to keep me focused. Braggin rights dont do much for me.

There was originally a point series planned for this year's OKCGC multigun matches, with trophies/prizes to be given at the end of the year, but I'm not sure of the plan w/ the original MD on hiatus.

imacgyver

Founding Member
I'd love to have some rifle matches held closer monthly, but I think there are too many other matches going on in the month. 2/3 pistol matches a month and 1 rifle match is good (Tulsa ia a bit out of my driving range). $30 - $50 in entry fees and $150 - $200 in ammo for the matches would add up quickly - I'd need to buy ammo in bulk to stay within budget.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I'd love to have some rifle matches held closer monthly, but I think there are too many other matches going on in the month. 2/3 pistol matches a month and 1 rifle match is good (Tulsa ia a bit out of my driving range). $30 - $50 in entry fees and $150 - $200 in ammo for the matches would add up quickly - I'd need to buy ammo in bulk to stay within budget.

You know we've had 3 ammo group buys on this site.... And you're like 5 minutes from me so maybe we could carpool? But I have one stipulation... That dirty AK cannot ride in my truck. :p

okie-carbine

Well-Known Fanatic
You know we've had 3 ammo group buys on this site.... And you're like 5 minutes from me so maybe we could carpool? But I have one stipulation... That dirty AK cannot ride in my truck. :p

thats fine. he could just throw it in the bed and it would be just fine. ;D

jtischauser

Here is the picture Brandon was wanting so badly. I went over my free photobucket storage space last month so it had to wait.

IMG_1023.jpg

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
Guys i just got back from Europe i left the day after HPSC. I appreciate the feedback both constructive and whiney. the orange balls and soft balls will be back next year but SG's work soooo much better on them. the scoring will not be used next year as it will be a full on IPSC shotgun match, just like years past. Kurt and I will be getting ready for the World PSG match in Hungary, so we may shoot the match if we decide its to our benefit to get the practice.

Typically we only get 60 to 75 competitors at this type format, so if you want to try and shoot the match it shouldn't be too difficult to get a slot. People seem to be scared to shoot shotgun in competition because of one reason or another, you have at least a year to practice up.

Stages will be just as challenging but you get to use a shotgun instead, Jesse has youtube footage of past matches if you want to see what to expect.

Trapr

Latest posts