2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge, June 25th & 26th

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
This was posted elsewhere by Match Director Trapr.

"New for 2011, The High Plains Shotgun Challenge is changing its name and becoming,
"High Plains Shooting Challenge"

What this does is allows us to hold various type matches depending on what we feel is best suited for our purposes at the time.

So next years match will be a Practical Carbine match, instead of our usual Practical Shotgun match. We have been approached by numerous carbine producers and asked if we would consider doing a carbine match, so we decided that we would try it out. We also decided that we did not want to simply discard our shotgun match in favor of a carbine match, so we intend to run carbine matches on odd years and shotgun matches on even years. We'll see how it goes, and as always we want to hear your opinions on how we are doing,......................not that we'll listen, but we want to hear them.

The match will be a 2 division match, with 2 classes in each division. We will utilize our LPH scoring matrix, we are working on a new twist to it that will allow 308/7.62mm to compete head to head with 223/5.56mm, but we'll get into that later.

2 divisions: Centerfire / Rimfire
2 classes: Magnified / Unmagnified

We will also limit target minimum size to 4moa, and ALL STEEL WILL FALL, AND BE PAINTED FOR EVERY SHOOTER.

Division specifics will get posted in the next few weeks, right now you will have to shoot in one division or another, we cannot come up with a decent way of allowing people to compete in both without the probability of time issues.

Stages will be posted in the next few weeks, go to the High Plains Shotgun Challenge website for updates, as well as here.

Trapr "

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Wow this sounds awesome - is there an estimated date for this? I gotta get my AR-15 ready to rumble for this match...

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
The high plains match last year was particularly AWESOME!!! I've been looking forward to this match ever since the last one. A carbine match sounds great!

Chambers

actual GM
Hell yeah.

Any ballpark on how much shooting there will be? What was the shotgun match like?

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
[quote author=Chambers link=topic=201.msg1570#msg1570 date=1286162731]
Hell yeah.

Any ballpark on how much shooting there will be? What was the shotgun match like?
[/quote]

The shotgun match was 12 stages of shotgun awesomeness.... I would expect no less from a carbine match. I also notice that there will be a rimfre division as well. woot!!!

Chambers

actual GM
[quote author=Rustyzx9 link=topic=201.msg1571#msg1571 date=1286163035]
The shotgun match was 12 stages of shotgun awesomeness.... I would expect no less from a carbine match. I also notice that there will be a rimfre division as well. woot!!!
[/quote]

Mother of god!

I want to have my abhorrently heavy 18" barrel turned down by then. Plenty of time.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I didn't notice where this match will be held this year. I just assumed it was going to be at OKCGC again?

jtischauser

Alright guys the application for this match is available.

http://www.highplainsshootingchallenge.com/downloads/HPSC_entry_2011.pdf

If you are even considering shooting this match (and you should be). Send in your application ASAP. This match most definitely will fill up. There is a ton of interest coming from the Enos forum with this being the only rifle only match in the country.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
We are using the best scoring system known to man for this match. :)

This will fill up. Rumor is that Michael Bane might be doing some video and the boys from Shooting USA might make the trip. I am working with the local Polaris dealer to get a couple RAZR's to cruise around and to reset targets. Going to be a real large scale match for a cheap entry fee and in our own backyard.

jtischauser

RO = Range Officer. We get to DQ you guys for breaking the 180°. We have to suffer and shoot everything on Friday. So you guys can shoot the rest of the match Saturday/Sunday. The trade off is we get to drink more beer Friday and Satruday night because we are done shooting.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
RO = Range Officer. We get to DQ you guys for breaking the 180°. We have to suffer and shoot everything on Friday. So you guys can shoot the rest of the match Saturday/Sunday. The trade off is we get to drink more beer Friday and Satruday night because we are done shooting.
I thought maybe you were talking about a certifcation class.
Carry on....

BTW: I'm digging my new description thingy under my avatar.

Chambers

actual GM
Mine's in the mail. Hoping to RO, too.

$100 for a 2 day prize-heavy carbine match right in my backyard! Doesn't get much better than that.

jtischauser

Stage Diagrams are posted. http://www.highplainsshootingchallenge.com/downloads/HPSC_2011_Stages.pdf

This is gonna be awesome!!! If you live in OK, own an AR15, and have a pair you better be shooting this match!

Latest posts