2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge, June 25th & 26th

Chambers

actual GM
11 stages? Awesome.

What are the popper looking things? Surely not poppers if we're shooting in the short bays...

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I would bet they will be poppers.. Knowing Trapr, he worked out a deal with MGM who will get us some replacement poppers to swap out if these get messed up. Anything over 10 yards and they should be fine..

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just talked to Match Director Trapr Swonson and he asked me to remind everyone that you need to send in a match application prior to shooting the match. This match may fill up so if you plan to shoot don't wait. Send in your application ASAP. DO NOT plan on simply walking up the day of the match to shoot. There may not be space left.

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
OK guys, get it I made a funny!!!!hahahahhaha

I just signed on to the BS forum so I could leave info here direct for all the BS members. If any of you have questions that you don't want to sound stupid asking here with Jesse commenting on them, pm me or email me.

Please do think that you will be able to simply show up and shoot this match, I do not want to turn people away but the absolute MAX that I think we can handle is 125ish, and if we reach that then we're done accepting apps. I may make a few exceptions for people that really have a BS story to tell me, but Kurt and I may laugh and giggle while you're telling us.

There will be quite a few knockdown targets used, I will not be using the clubs steel for this match, I have 2 steel target manufacturers and they are being generous, plus I have some new targets that can be used as close as 20yds without safety issues, some of these will be given as prizes as well.

the match will test your ability to be accurate in a variety of positions, keyword "variety"!!!!! plus fast on the trigger. Do not think that if you are a new shooter that you will be outclassed at this match, there will be all levels of skill at this match and none of the shots will be exceedingly hard they may take you a bit longer to hit them than some but you should be able to hit all of the targets, if you know your zero and trajectory and can shoot under time constraints. The prize table should be even better than last year, as we are getting more support from old sponsors and receiving a lot of new support. Everyone that competes and is there for the prize table will get a prize, I will make every effort to ensure that.

Stages have been posted and Jesse has provided a link to them, as well as the application. Something that we talked about early on and it looks like we'll implement is the use of a "MULLIGAN" for those of you not aware of what that is, its a reshoot on any stage you want, it will cost you an additional 20.00 and you'll purchase it at registration, you'll have to tell the RO before you sign your scoresheet that you want to use it, you will only get ONE, use it wisely. Proceeds from the mulligans will go to the local 4H club, that should be serving lunch to the shooters.

Any questions please pm me or email me, I hope to see this BS forum represented well at HPSC.

Trapr

Airic

I shoot.
Hey Trapr how many total apps have you received? Where do you stand on being full up?

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
I can't say exactly as I've gotten quite a few lately and have lost count, but rough guess is that we have crossed the half way mark.

Trapr

Airic

I shoot.
Ok, well my app is coming the week and next, just wanted to make sure I'd make it in. You guys run a great match. Just trying to figure out if I want to do rimfire or rifle.

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
For those of you still on the fence about whether or not this might be something you want to try out. Here is a updated list of our sponsors that will be providing stuff for our prize table:
Nordic Components
Burris
MGM targets
XS sight systems
Photomotion
AR15 targets
Warne
Lone Star Armory
LOKI
FNH
Do All Outdoors
Noveske
Eberlestock
Magpul
Triangle shooting sports
Brownells
Tactical Machining

with many more expected, sign up now before its too late.

Trapr

jtischauser

Wow that's some list Mr. Trapr. I have been talking to several guys locally that have never shot a major match with a $100+ match fee and prizes like this one. Several of them are hesitant about signing up due to the match fee. I told them that more than half of the shooters will get their match fees back in prizes from the prize table. Is that a fair assessment? I actually figure mire than half will get their money back but I didn't want to over sell the prize table. What do you expect for the guys that are more than half way down the leader board?

jtischauser

I love the mulligan idea! That means its essentially a 12 stage match. I'm gonna shoot the longest stage twice just so I get more shooting in.

bigbrowndog

Red Neck Tactical
everyone should get the entry fee back in prize value, easily!! The match fee seems to be the biggest hiccup for most new shooters, its a lot of money to some, and you want to ensure that you aren't just giving it away to the top shooters.

Consider that you will be learning how to shoot your rifle in positions and ways that you would have to pay an instructor many hundreds of dollars to show you, and that you should come away with a much better understanding of how you can improve and what you need to work on to improve, plus you'll get your entry fee back in swag and its a very good deal.

trapr

jtischauser

Wow! That's is crazy even. I think you guys figured out how to get more shooters into irons with the 1x thing. Kudos for that!

Latest posts