“Leaked” S&W

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you for the info! Wow! It really was the Alec B round?? It's a BIG round!! Wonder if anyone is interested in buying it? He also left 5 boxes of 41 Magnum HP 50 round boxes. He did have a 41 Magnum S&W pistol. No idea why he bought the 45 Colt ammo.
I'd love 5 boxes of 41 mag ammo....but from that rat bastard never! He should take each of those 5 boxes one at a time, and deposit them in a place the sun don't shine, and for good measure shove 'em sideways, after which he should do the world a huge favor, and detonate each and every one of them

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I'd love 5 boxes of 41 mag ammo....but from that rat bastard never! He should take each of those 5 boxes one at a time, and deposit them in a place the sun don't shine, and for good measure shove 'em sideways, after which he should do the world a huge favor, and detonate each and every one of them
He's talking about ammo his Dad left behind....not the rat bastard Alec Baldwin. :D

See post #5. He might sell you that .41 Mag ammo. Then he'll have some money to buy my chicken dinner. :oops:

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I'm so very sorry I got it mixed up. I feel awful now.
Don't feel awful....it's not like it was very clear....just a misunderstanding. You've become a great contributor here and your posts are enjoyable to read. Nobody here should ever get anything other than joy here. There's room for a misunderstanding here and there. We've all done it and there's no bashing here like at some other places. Now, how about that great John Moses Browning?

My daughter gave me this book for Christmas....can't wait to read it.

the-guns-of-john-moses-browning-9781982129217_xlg.jpg

TXPlt

Well-Known Fanatic
Not sure about this? A DA/SA May have made more sense?

I've gone around with this concept and come full circle.

My carry guns vary but I've become a huge fan of a consistent trigger (and I typically operate my DA revolvers in DAO mode for almost all of my shooting). I've a couple of 1911s with excellent triggers. Also have a Sig 220 in PA which is standard Sig DA/SA with decocker.

I have a BIG problem making that long DA to SA transition stroke well (and have been at this game for awhile). Granted I can shoot the Sig SA by cocking it for longer hunting shots and the inconsistent trigger probably won't matter in a close in defensive situation. But looking back on it buying a SA type Sig with safety for the 220 (much like the high power) would have been a better call.

So I think personally the better call is either to go DAO without manual safety (like a hammerless or bobbed hammer revolver, Glock, etc) or a SA with manual safety (like a 1911, hi-power, or SA Sig). Training to whichever one carries.

Key being if there's a safety there with a SA gun taking the gun off safe when pointed at target needs to be an inherent muscle memory item as does putting it back on safe and verifying when holstering. I think we've all at some point pressed on the gobang thingy (whether it's a pistol or AR) and wondered for a moment why the gun isn't going bang and the trigger is 'stuck.' Sure wouldn't want that to happen when it really really matters.

Last edited:

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I've gone around with this concept and come full circle.

My carry guns vary but I've become a huge fan of a consistent trigger (and I typically operate my DA revolvers in DAO mode for almost all of my shooting). I've a couple of 1911s with excellent triggers. Also have a Sig 220 in PA which is standard Sig DA/SA with decocker.

I have a BIG problem making that long DA to SA transition stroke well (and have been at this game for awhile). Granted I can shoot the Sig SA by cocking it for longer hunting shots and the inconsistent trigger probably won't matter in a close in defensive situation. But looking back on it buying a SA type Sig with safety for the 220 (much like the high power) would have been a better call.

So I think personally the better call is either to go DAO without manual safety (like a hammerless or bobbed hammer revolver, Glock, etc) or a SA with manual safety (like a 1911, hi-power, or SA Sig). Training to whichever one carries.

Key being if there's a safety there with a SA gun taking the gun off safe when pointed at target needs to be an inherent muscle memory item as does putting it back on safe and verifying when holstering.
If I were to describe my own experience, the words would be almost identical to yours. I have become so used to finely tuned 1911 triggers that break like the proverbial glass rod that I just can't get used to anything else (and don't really want to). I have a Glock 17 mainly for my wife to shoot since she doesn't care for the recoil of 45acp. When I shoot it, I find myself searching for the thumb safety. Obviously, I don't shoot it often. I prefer not to confuse my muscle memory.

1Sgt_Jerry

Well-Known Fanatic
I can make myself proficient in about anything I pick up. No letting modestly slip. I'm just trainable. The small hitch in the giddyup is switching from multiple platforms and making sure training works.

I couple of side points. I swipe a safe off everything even if it doesn't have one.
I get what TX says about the DA/SA and have to agree. That said, I'm not normally the sharpest crayon in the box at 0300 when things go bump. I like my FNP-9 with 17 good rounds and a first pull that I have to apply ample amount of pressure. The light / rail is a bonus too.
If the chances of getting woken up on a regular basis were at a higher percentage and it was an expected part of the game, I think I could use a 1911 fine.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Key being if there's a safety there with a SA gun taking the gun off safe when pointed at target needs to be an inherent muscle memory item as does putting it back on safe and verifying when holstering. I think we've all at some point pressed on the gobang thingy (whether it's a pistol or AR) and wondered for a moment why the gun isn't going bang and the trigger is 'stuck.' Sure wouldn't want that to happen when it really really matters.
I have two tuperware pistols the Sig P250 10 shot 45acp & the Kahr CW45 6 shot 45acp.
Being so brainwashed to pull snick the TS off & bang that I worry about the DA only & no thumb safety.

We tend to think we have everything under control, when reality hits & you go into full auto.
In defense of multiple guns for carry, as a mechanic I had to drive many brands of Cars & Motorcycles & did not have time to read the drivers manual.
I'm still here. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't feel awful....it's not like it was very clear....just a misunderstanding. You've become a great contributor here and your posts are enjoyable to read. Nobody here should ever get anything other than joy here. There's room for a misunderstanding here and there. We've all done it and there's no bashing here like at some other places. Now, how about that great John Moses Browning?

My daughter gave me this book for Christmas....can't wait to read it.

View attachment 10615
Wow Great Christmas gift! Your daughter has impeccable taste to say the least. Should be a great read.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Wow Great Christmas gift! Your daughter has impeccable taste to say the least. Should be a great read.
I'm looking forward to it. I couldn't have personally asked God for a better daughter. She took straight after her Mom. :oops::)

....and she sure knows how to make my eyes light up when she gives me a gift.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I can make myself proficient in about anything I pick up. No letting modestly slip. I'm just trainable. The small hitch in the giddyup is switching from multiple platforms and making sure training works.

I couple of side points. I swipe a safe off everything even if it doesn't have one.
I get what TX says about the DA/SA and have to agree. That said, I'm not normally the sharpest crayon in the box at 0300 when things go bump. I like my FNP-9 with 17 good rounds and a first pull that I have to apply ample amount of pressure. The light / rail is a bonus too.
If the chances of getting woken up on a regular basis were at a higher percentage and it was an expected part of the game, I think I could use a 1911 fine.
I'm trainable too. It just takes a long time and a lot of work. :eek::D

It takes so long that once it's done, one wonders if it was worth it. LOL!

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm at my Fla. condo now, so you might have to travel, a bit for your chicken dinner! Everything is fried in the south, even pickles (yuck). So, fried chicken dinner waiting for you! (YUM!) :):):) But the gun laws are GREAT in the south! And you can buy anything here, unlike Cali., where if it's not on the "Cali. approved" list, you cannot buy it. (Not that you live in Cali) This "leaked" gun probably won't be on it. God bless the South! Yee Ha!!:):) Binging on fresh seafood tomorrow!!! Can't WAIT!!! Saw a 50 cal. BMG for sale yesterday, $16,000.00!! I WANT one!! (Not a Barrett) Could barely pick it up! VERY, VERY heavy! The salesman said Lapua rounds are MORE expensive than 50 cal. BMG rounds, that surprised me!

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
Speaking of a 1911 as a home defense gun, vs.a 9mm. is the "BANG"! I'm worried about that. A 45 acp. is A LOT louder than a 9mm. IDK.

Latest posts