“Leaked” S&W

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
Has anyone bought the new Kimber Mako?? Supposed to have the BEST poly-gun trigger, period! better than: Walther, Sig 365, any poly-gun! ??…
Had an AWESOME day today, taking my friend to the range to shoot my Walther PPQ Tac-4, for the first time. First shot was a PERFECT center of the forehead shot! I'd have to use a ruler to draw a circle as perfect as the shot was, at 15 yards, no rest used, dead center, WOW! AWESOME gun!! Crazy accurate! Those Germans can build a pistol! I believe now, it's my most accurate pistol of ALL my pistols! But the Kimber Mako intrigues me. The guy/employee at the range hadn't even heard of the Mako yet. Awesome day! And the round was a Hornady Critical Duty 9mm. The 45 acp. version of CD is still not liked by my Kimber or Dan Wesson 1911's. Not good.

On another note, I found an very old box of Remington 45 Colt lead bullets, my deceased dad apparently bought. Price for 50 rounds was: $7.50. It's much taller than a 45 acp., What pistol shoots this?? Rifle?? I do not remember him having any firearm that shoots this round. Anyone know? Thank you all!! Happy New Year!!

Last edited:

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Has anyone bought the new Kimber Mako?? Supposed to have the BEST poly-gun trigger, period! better than: Walther, Sig 365, any poly-gun! ??…
Had an AWESOME day today, taking my friend to the range to shoot my Walther PPQ Tac-4, for the first time. First shot was a PERFECT center of the forehead shot! I'd have to use a ruler to draw a circle as perfect as the shot was, at 15 yards, no rest used, dead center, WOW! AWESOME gun!! Crazy accurate! Those Germans can build a pistol! I believe now, it's my most accurate pistol of ALL my pistols! But the Kimber Mako intrigues me. The guy/employee at the range hadn't even heard of the Mako yet. Awesome day! And the round was a Hornady Critical Duty 9mm. The 45 acp. version of CD is still not liked by my Kimber or Dan Wesson 1911's. Not good.

On another note, I found an very old box of Remington 45 Colt lead bullets, my deceased dad apparently bought. Price for 50 rounds was: $7.50. It's much taller than a 45 acp., What pistol shoots this?? Rifle?? I do not remember him having any firearm that shoots this round. Anyone know? Thank you all!! Happy New Year!!
I haven't bought a gun in quite a while. I'll have to take a look at the Kimber. The trigger intrigues me.

The 45 Colt is normally a large revolver. It was once the most common handgun round back in the days of the old west. It's most recent fame is the Alec Baldwin movie set murder. That was a single action 45 Colt revolver he committed that crime with. The 45acp derived from that round.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm just too far gone, head over heels in love with my 1911s. :D

View attachment 10607
Absolutely! Good bad or otherwise, I put a bid in on GB for a CZ 1911a1. I've always wanted one 'cause they come with everything I like to have done to a 1911 w/o paying someone to do it. I like the wide hammer short trigger, arched m/s housing, and the improved sites. Pretty much what I'd have done.

Big Biscuit

Well-Known Fanatic
I feel that I've given plastic a fair chance.
Ruger Security Nine, Springfield XD-E, SIG p290r, And the one that I just felt sorry for and kept as a pocket gun- KelTec p32.

They serve a purpose. That purpose is to keep people who don't know any better from making ripples in the 1911 pool.

I'll still look at their advertisement in gun magazines. But I won't be sucked in to the hyper magazine capacity war because this race always ends up being one 9mm over another 9mm....ho hum.

Not even racy sounding names or "grip zones" will pull me in. YEET Cannon? Baby please. How about a Roebuck?

Anyone who knows anything has ringside seats to see what CZ does with or to Colt.
My money says the safe bet is to watch for a plastic fantastic to be trotted out from the stable.

Now with all of that said....I would buy a plastic frame 1911 in a CCO configuration IF and only IF it was chambered in. 38 Super.

Anyone know of a plastic, hammer fired, pistol in .38 Super? That might move my give a squirt needle off zero....till then? They all get an enthusiastic shrug from me.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I feel that I've given plastic a fair chance.
Ruger Security Nine, Springfield XD-E, SIG p290r, And the one that I just felt sorry for and kept as a pocket gun- KelTec p32.

They serve a purpose. That purpose is to keep people who don't know any better from making ripples in the 1911 pool.

I'll still look at their advertisement in gun magazines. But I won't be sucked in to the hyper magazine capacity war because this race always ends up being one 9mm over another 9mm....ho hum.

Not even racy sounding names or "grip zones" will pull me in. YEET Cannon? Baby please. How about a Roebuck?

Anyone who knows anything has ringside seats to see what CZ does with or to Colt.
My money says the safe bet is to watch for a plastic fantastic to be trotted out from the stable.

Now with all of that said....I would buy a plastic frame 1911 in a CCO configuration IF and only IF it was chambered in. 38 Super.

Anyone know of a plastic, hammer fired, pistol in .38 Super? That might move my give a squirt needle off zero....till then? They all get an enthusiastic shrug from me.
I like that!

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't bought a gun in quite a while. I'll have to take a look at the Kimber. The trigger intrigues me.

The 45 Colt is normally a large revolver. It was once the most common handgun round back in the days of the old west. It's most recent fame is the Alec Baldwin movie set murder. That was a single action 45 Colt revolver he committed that crime with. The 45acp derived from that round.
Thank you for the info! Wow! It really was the Alec B round?? It's a BIG round!! Wonder if anyone is interested in buying it? He also left 5 boxes of 41 Magnum HP 50 round boxes. He did have a 41 Magnum S&W pistol. No idea why he bought the 45 Colt ammo.