Your First Match

Did you shoot your first match due to Boomer Shooter?

• Total voters

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
Shot my first match 2 years ago this month! Loaded up a hundred rounds of 9mm and took my Glock 19 out to SCRAP for Steel Challenge. Thought I was going to kick the crap out of everyone... Beeper goes off, grab gun out of serpa holster and hear bang the pffffff. Get restarted after hammering the squib out. Second time was the same story. Get told that my ammo is unsafe and that I'm gonna be spectating. Another shooter who we will call "Doug" lets me borrow a rimfire open gun and I have a blast. I don't even remember where I finished, and it didn't matter - it was just awesome!

After a few months of shooting Steel Challenge, the gentlemen at SCRAP introduced me to USPSA. And the rest is history... First USPSA match is where I met Micah and Robaire and peppered them with stupid questions...

All in all, it's been a lot of fun so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD78

Well-Known Fanatic
After shooting for a long time, I was introduced to 3 gun by my buddy and gunsmith. That was towards the end of April this year. Since then I've started also shooting USPSA.

I've enjoyed both competitive disciplines tremendously and feel like I'm missing something when I don't have a match to shoot. I'm up north so as soon as the colder weather arrives, I'll probably start shooting PPC and whatever else is going on.

Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd be as into this as I am, but I'm glad that I was given that slight nudge because this is definitely the most fun I've had shooting ever.

tlbyford

Fanatic
I shot my very first match ever this past Sunday (thanks to Boomer Shooter). It was an IDPA match that I had the honor and pleasure to shoot with the fine folks at Cross Timbers Action Shooting Association in the D/FW area. Overall, it was a great day even with a major equipment malfunction in the middle of the match.

I came in third......from last...lol

I achieved my goals of no safety violations and no DQ, so I am very happy.

Thanks to everyone here for inspiring to get off my big butt and actually go out and shoot. I am officially addicted.

~t

Feegee

The Magic Man
Ooooomg it has just begun!! Now you got a little taste. The next one is gonna cost. IDPA is a gateway drug. You need to just go ahead a get the hard stuff......USPSA. I am here for you man.

somebrains

New Fanatic
I built, shot, and RO'd the California Action Shotgun Challenge.
I love shotgun, there is something that rifle and pistol just don't have.

I'm still working out bugs in my old Benelli M1.
1st match there was plenty of operator error.
I was short a caddy, had one practice before the event.

I shot all 7 stages with an IC choke bc I had no idea where and how it would matter besides slugs.

I don't shoot trap or skeet, going to have to address that.

I need to go out with a plate rack just to practice dual and quad loading.

I'm hooked, I played 20 years of tournament paintball prior to this.
I like blasting things in the move.

I hope there are more shotgun only events in 2017.

Latest posts