X-Treme Bullets Texas 3-Gun Championship

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
Anybody else planning on attending? I know many who shot this last year and said it was a great match.

This will be my first major 3-gun match and I am pretty excited! I've shot a lot of club level in 3-gun but State level matches are always more interesting.

http://www.tx3g.com/

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm on the waiting list. It would be my first major as well.

They were full up and on a wait list in 45 minutes of registration.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I love to shoot 3 gun, and I'm sure they're going to have some awesome stages, but after hotel, gas and match fees that's around $500 and that's way more than I'm willing to pay to play.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike_pinto said:
I hate that it is sandwiched directly between SMM3G and Multi-Gun Nationals this year..
I hate that there are like 35 major matches in March and April but zero in June and July.

Matt Rigsby said:
I love to shoot 3 gun, and I'm sure they're going to have some awesome stages, but after hotel, gas and match fees that's around $500 and that's way more than I'm willing to pay to play.
I bet you don't suck enough that you'd win at least that much back in prizes.

45recoil

likes to party
Man i may not be able to make it this year. Last year it was really fun! Even had a guy there that would roll cigars for everyone at the award ceremony

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
I hate that there are like 35 major matches in March and April but zero in June and July.
So let's change that. We have a few pretty good ranges here in Oklahoma. :) Would love to see a major here.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike_pinto said:
So let's change that. We have a few pretty good ranges here in Oklahoma. :) Would love to see a major here.
I was thinking something that borders Canada might be a good place for a June/July match.

I'd be all for MD/RM/ROing a 3-gun state championship next year here in OK.

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
Registration did go fast, that's for sure. I think I was #48 and I registered about 5 minutes after it opened up.

Shooting ain't cheap, that's for sure. I am coming from Houston and once I tally up all costs I bet it will be about $1500 or so after registration, gas, ammo, new tacti-cool must have items, hotel, and food. On top of that I am sure there will be awesome vendors willing to take money as well!

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
Sometimes I hate Excel....

The Evil Truth of Competitive Shooting

Registration

$ 305.00

Gas

(190/17)*2

$ 22.35

(190/17)*2

$ 22.35

(100/17)*2

$ 11.76

$ 56.47

Hotel

Night1

$ 169.00

Night2

$ 169.00

Night3

$ 169.00

$ 507.00

Food/Drink

Th

$ 50.00

Fr

$ 50.00

Sat

$ 50.00

Sun

$ 25.00

$ 175.00

Ammo

Pistol (400)

$ 96.00

Rifle (250)

$ 85.00

Shotty (250)

$ 200.00

Slugs (50)

$ 50.00

$ 431.00

Total:

$ 1,474.47

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
I was thinking something that borders Canada might be a good place for a June/July match.

I'd be all for MD/RM/ROing a 3-gun state championship next year here in OK.
I was thinking Norway in July will be about right for the Nordic Rifle Championship.. But stay tuned, there may be a fun match brewing in late May...

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
I was able to get an RV for the week so at least I don't have hotel costs now and I get to stay on site.

For those of you that have been to this match would it be worth bringing my side by side?

WBlevins48

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm staying in my camper on site as well, and If I owned a side by side, it would be coming with me (but I am able to drive my truck to all stages). IMO it would be easier on you to drive around the range in a side by side than an RV or piling into a buddy's truck.

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, let me clarify. This is a bumper pull type of RV - not a big ol' Class A pusher or anything - so I will have my truck there as well.

Still worth it?

WBlevins48

Well-Known Fanatic
If I had one, I would bring it with me. I'm not sure there is an advantage or not other than there's also a trail riding park within the camp grounds. If it rains, you can get around in the truck.

Latest posts