RIA Wood grips -- what's your favorite?

billvincent

Fanatic
THey're wood wrapped with genuine rattler skin. I used to have them on my stainless Springfield, but I took them off and kept them when I sold the pistol. I was going to put them on the Wilson, but it felt like I just bought a Rembrant painting and then made improvements-- just didn't belong! LOL

Edit-- Y'all inspired me.... they're on the Walther .22 now!
1626133470134.png

Attachments

• snakeskin 2.jpg
    snakeskin 2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 1911 grips.jpg
    1911 grips.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

billvincent

Fanatic
Who did get them from? We have Timber rattlers here in the mountains but of course they are protected.
I got em from someone on Ebay. I did a google search and the closest I could find was python skin, and I really wanted diamondback rattler. So I checked Ebay and it didn't take me long

spacelordmaster

Active Fanatic
Just got these grips yesterday in the mail and now my SDS Imports 1911 A1 Tanker looks pretty sick, not to mention those grips are amazing to shoot with.

Attachments

• 1911-1.jpg
    1911-1.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 5

billvincent

Fanatic
Just got these grips yesterday in the mail and now my SDS Imports 1911 A1 Tanker looks pretty sick, not to mention those grips are amazing to shoot with.
I have the same kind of grips on my M9, and I couldn't agree more!! They're terrific for molding right to your hand and giving you a good grip when you shoot!!

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I can be tough on my grips.....but I do enjoy a nice looking set of cocobolos.

I've had my Baer UTC for a year and a half now.

At the 500 round point I did a good cleaning and installed some Challis bushings & o-rings along with a set of new checkered cocobolo grips from Jon @ High Figure Grips.

She was a dirty girl after those first 500rds.

She's been carried, drawn & fired a good bit since she arrived. My most carried 1911. Been 100% reliable.

The grips still feel great....even if they are showing their mileage.

billvincent

Fanatic
Who did get them from? We have Timber rattlers here in the mountains but of course they are protected.
I just found a pic while posting to the 1911 facebook page that had the guy's business card with the first 1911 I had them on--
1627174992804.png

Latest posts