Woman saved by concealed carry permit holder

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Why did the news reporter need to know how many total guns he owned, had nothing to do with the incident.

dennishoddy

Good for him! I watched a tv report the other day about people walking up on a scene just like this. A beating was taking place, they would see it, turn around and walk away. The camera followed them. Only one person took out their cell and called 911.

I can understand not wanting to get physically involved, but good God, at least call 911.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
He took a chance stepping in the way he did. Not only did he put himself in danger, you never know what the police response will be. I liked the sheriffs comments on the matter, he recognized it could be a deterrent to crime. So many times the authorities will put a negative spin on things like this. In some places he would be bunking with the attacker for trying to help.

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
jeffhughes said:
In Oklahoma what he did would not be legal according to OK SDA...
How was it not?

I didn't reread it for accuracy, but I believe he told the guy to stop and the guy then turned and came after him. At that point his safety life was in danger and he was legal to use lethal force to stop the threat. Am I wrong? He didn't pull his pistol on the guy when he was just attacking the woman.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
I need to read the article more detail too. I may be wrong since he may have been defending himself, not her

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Ummmmm, I thought in Oklahoma according to SDA you can put yourself in place/substitute for the victim and use deadly force. I didn't think we were like California where you CANNOT interfere.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
ArGyLe64 said:
Ummmmm, I thought in Oklahoma according to SDA you can put yourself in place/substitute for the victim and use deadly force. I didn't think we were like California where you CANNOT interfere.
In OK you can specifically protect your spouse, children and employees. Not strangers.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
You never really know what kind of a situation you will find with strangers. Sad but true. The woman could have reconciled or maybe just feared him enough to change her story and say you attacked them. Then you need to hire a lawyer and you are working to pay him for the next few years. In a perfect world that kind of situation would not have happened, but this is no where near a perfect world and lawyers are not cheap. I'm not saying not to help but it could turn wrong for you.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
scubor2 said:
You never really know what kind of a situation you will find with strangers. Sad but true. The woman could have reconciled or maybe just feared him enough to change her story and say you attacked them. Then you need to hire a lawyer and you are working to pay him for the next few years. In a perfect world that kind of situation would not have happened, but this is no where near a perfect world and lawyers are not cheap. I'm not saying not to help but it could turn wrong for you.
Unfortunately, this is true. However, most of us still have a cellphone and fingers. Dialling 911 even from a distance is the very least anyone should do. Walking away entirely should never be the choice you make. I'm not saying you should get too involved. The most common deterrent to crime is said to be a loud noise. Hit the horn on your car or yell at them from across the steet and let them know they have been seen. Or just take a picture and get the hell out of there, whatever, but don't just walk away and not look back.

Karma truely is a ***** and I will at the very least call it in.

New article on the same subject.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/16/charlie-blackmore-marine-veteran-draws-gun_n_2891176.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D284796

Latest posts