Wilson Combat Wilson Combat pic thread!

45 Ralph

Well-Known Fanatic
There is no doubt that I love 1911's but lately I've been captivated by Wilson Combats.
I thought there needed to to be a pic thread devoted to Wilson Combat.

So get em out and polish them up,
let's see em!

I will begin with my latest 38 Super!
I had to sell my favorite CQB to pick this one up but now that it's home I'm
happy again.

My latest Wilson Combat came with a bit of Nighthawk DNA.
X-Tac Elite in 38 Super...(Big surprise Huh) in DLC finish by Nighthawk Custom.
It is currently getting fit with two extra barrels. 9mm, and 9x23.
When its done, It will be the nicest, most versatile 1911 I own.
View attachment 2766
View attachment 2761 View attachment 2762 View attachment 2763 View attachment 2764 View attachment 2765 View attachment 2768 View attachment 2767
That's one purdy Slabside.

apipeguy

Well-Known Fanatic
A new gently used CQB in .45. The right side is naked but the left does have Wilson Combat in a different script than normal. I prefer all naked slides but at the price with 100 rounds through it and only a year old, I could not pass it up. May be one of the odd guys that although I do not like the looks of front cocking serrations, I certainly like the functionality of them.

Attachments

• B415175A-3D98-43F2-A28A-97D3C4CF095D.jpeg
    B415175A-3D98-43F2-A28A-97D3C4CF095D.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 27

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Recently acquired 2009 Wilson Stealth 45 Black/OD

liEa9d7h.jpg
cayUR4Rh.jpg
A number of years ago visited Wilson in Berryville. When you entered the shop you could see the gunsmiths assembling the guns; all out in the open behind the service counter. In talking with the man who was waiting on me, the subject of assembly came up and he said that while most of the guns were pretty pricy, one of the most expensive was actually a bargain when compared to the others. It was the Stealth and he said it was literally hand built; very precision. And took more assembly time than any of the other guns they sold at that time. Almost twenty years ago. Of course, bought one and still have it. Even by today's standards with all of the truly custom guns out there, it's a beautiful pistol and a real joy to shoot. Carried it for a long time until I got the Ultralight Carry, which was lighter and more comfortable to carry. Very accurate and because of the weight minimal recoil for a .45 acp.

Last edited:

Pappy

Well-Known Fanatic
they built a bigger facility, it has a bigger customer area with more products to see. you just tell them what your looking for and they go in the back and bring it out to you. everyone is so nice and helpful. I'm lucky to live about 40 minutes away, it is very handy to run down and get a part or two whenever i need it. will be going again soon for parts for my next AR build.

RStone

Well-Known Fanatic
My phone gallery has this one of my collection

Attachments

• IMG_20190818_214940_171.jpg
    IMG_20190818_214940_171.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 15

rglassma

Fanatic
Here is my one and only Wilson Combat. It is a Reverse Two-tone Professional in 45. Just got a steel on the cocobolo grips. I use to have the black G10 starbursts.

Attachments

• wilson_pro.jpg
    wilson_pro.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 7

nod

Active Fanatic
Might as well keep this thread going. I have always wanted a fancy 1911 and just couldn't justify the money. Some one some where mentioned a pistol Gunslingers had and I went and took a peak. I am an old man and I showed the pistol to my wife and she said "go for it". I emailed George about the price and in George's reply he said "you want it don't you Don". I answered "yes, yes I do want it and I will take it". Unless I stumble across a great deal on a 1911, this the last one I will be buying.

A CQB with pretty much all the options.

WCCQB Engraved Left.jpg

Latest posts