Wilson Combat Knife - Elmax blade

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I just got one of these. It's very nice. I'm impressed with the Elmax powdered metal super steel blade. It's the sharpest edge I've ever seen. It's made by Fox Cutlery in Italy...designed by Wilson Combat with the Starburst handle.

WTK-ELC-T_1 copy_l.jpg

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice, I've had/have a few very nice knives and always wanted to try one of Wilson's specifically the EDC-X tactical to go with my EDC X9

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Very nice, I've had/have a few very nice knives and always wanted to try one of Wilson's specifically the EDC-X tactical to go with my EDC X9
Very expensive. The one I have is $249. I caught a sale after Christmas and got it for $149. I couldn't pass up a titanium frame lock with an Elmax blade at that price. I had never seen a sale price like that on a Wilson knife.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Very expensive. The one I have is $249. I caught a sale after Christmas and got it for $149. I couldn't pass up a titanium frame lock with an Elmax blade at that price. I had never seen a sale price like that on a Wilson knife.
Too bad I hadn't seen that sale I would have purchased one at that time for sure. Not too worried about price I have and carry Shiros, Reeves, Penas and the like. I carried a Rhino for a while but sold it off as it was just a little too small for me! If he made it 1-1/12" longer over all it would have been better and I would have kept it.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Too bad I hadn't seen that sale I would have purchased one at that time for sure. Not too worried about price I have and carry Shiros, Reeves, Penas and the like. I carried a Rhino for a while but sold it off as it was just a little too small for me! If he made it 1-1/12" longer over all it would have been better and I would have kept it.
Good taste in knives. Your budget is obviously better than mine. Us gentlemen that have an appreciation for fine handguns and guns in general usually have a penchant for knives too.... and also watches. Those 3 items give me some joy in life.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Thank you
I find that is true also, I love my guns n knives plus I like gold chains, rings and numismatics but just dabble in a few watches. I would like to get into nicer watches at some point.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Slight change of subject matter here I also like knives a lot and carry one daily then a friend got an OTF model mid priced and after Texas changed the laws I got one it is the handiest knife I have ever owned just a plain jane carbon steel blade very rugged but I doubt I would ever go back to anything else now it is just way to useful for me. I carry it everywhere I legally can.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Slight change of subject matter here I also like knives a lot and carry one daily then a friend got an OTF model mid priced and after Texas changed the laws I got one it is the handiest knife I have ever owned just a plain jane carbon steel blade very rugged but I doubt I would ever go back to anything else now it is just way to useful for me. I carry it everywhere I legally can.
Ohio just changed our knife laws to allow such knives, legally to be carried! Ohio didn't have very clear laws about knives, nothing specifically illegal but nothing saying what was legal either, very vague and completely at the police officer and DAs discretion!! New law goes into effect in like 72 days (90 from signing)

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I admit I was very surprised when I found our laws were changed to allow auto knives to be carried as said my OTF is the easiest to use, most useful I have ever had just all so easy with 1 hand, the only hard part was finding a single edge blade in carbon steel, I use mine daily several times each day. Seeing someone here without a knife clipped to pocket or a fixed blade is very rare. This was my 1st OTF. I got it to use as a tool.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
They are nice although my biggest problem with the OTF knives I've had, was if the forward motion extending to lock position is interrupted in any way the blade is just loose and wobbly until it can be reset! Something as little as a piece of paper or bumping something during the extending process and it can fail to lock open.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine so far has had some very hard use and gets it 2 times a day with no issues as said so far any problems I will change back to my old Kershaw assist opening one, in my circle of friends there are several OTF carriers they sold me on it as to the convivence of usage. My main daily workhorse I designed and a friend made for me as a gift, all carbon steel it serves my use very well
knife.jpg

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Good taste in knives. Your budget is obviously better than mine. Us gentlemen that have an appreciation for fine handguns and guns in general usually have a penchant for knives too.... and also watches. Those 3 items give me some joy in life.
You nailed it. My guns and knives seem to be a lot more reliable than my Rolex, which I've had for years. Send it back to the company and it's great for the first month or two after I get it back and then loses about 3 minutes a week. A friend has several and says that's simply "Rolex time".

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
I just got one of these. It's very nice. I'm impressed with the Elmax powdered metal super steel blade. It's the sharpest edge I've ever seen. It's made by Fox Cutlery in Italy...designed by Wilson Combat with the Starburst handle.

View attachment 7043
This is also a Fox, the Mini-K. When closed is easily carried even in gym shorts. Very unobtrusive.
View attachment IMG_1795.MOV

Latest posts