Why We're All Here

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I thought everyone could relate to this:

Everyone here is here because we don't just like guns, but we realize how and why our founding fathers sewed them into the very fabric of our country. We appreciate the timeless genius of John Moses Browning's design of the 1911 pistol. It is the single most outstanding design of all time upon which all lessor pistols heavily borrow from. Because of our understanding, we don't have any confusion when we read the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution to ourselves, or otherwise.

John Moses Browning was a great American answering a call from his country in a time of need. He used the blessings of his talents to answer his country's need in an outstanding way; the design of the 1911 pistol and the 45 ACP cartridge.

We live in a broken world, separated from God by sin. As Americans, we have been shielded from much of the misery in this world because we were founded on principles of God and his Son, Jesus. The fact that we are an armed citizenry has saved us from being invaded, perhaps more often than we know.

The 2nd Amendment is our most important amendment second only to the 1st. The 2nd was written, in part, to maintain the 1st. Think about what has happened of late, and what will happen as we move forward. Our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, as well as all other rights are being threatened like never before. What does the future hold?

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Very well put. I will have to think about how I contribute to this post. Especially how are own rights are being threatened and challenged. What I CAN say is that at the age of 19 yrs. my country gave me a number and saw fit for me to go to ANOTHER country and be prepared to die for the principles of democracy and freedom of others. I swore an Oath. Now I'm in my Country. And there are persons taking an Oath and trampling on it. I stand by mine. That's all.

Last edited:

Monadh

Well-Known Fanatic
Well stated, but as I have considered the thought that the second amendment is second only to the first, I have come to disagree with that view. The rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are only secured by the right to defend them. If we do not possess the right to defend ourselves first and foremost, all of the other rights become privileges and not rights.

Nothing is ours if we cannot defend it from those who wish to be our masters.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Well stated, but as I have considered the thought that the second amendment is second only to the first, I have come to disagree with that view. The rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are only secured by the right to defend them. If we do not possess the right to defend ourselves first and foremost, all of the other rights become privileges and not rights.

Nothing is ours if we cannot defend it from those who wish to be our masters.
Great point! But, consider this....the founders placed the Amendments in their order for a reason. Without the first Amendment secured, there is very little to defend.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
If only we had a Second Amendment that hasn't been gutted and actually applied to the states. It would be glorious.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Check out the numbers over at AR-15.com. What is up with all of these "guests."

There are 1937 Team Members, 1373 Members, and 9963 Guests.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Something scared everyone off. I guess they fear the Government knowing they own Guns LOL.

I have new names on the Forums I am banned at, :eek: & they seem to be buzzing.

Who knows what's up over here.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
We have a great site here and need more viewers to become members, the more the merrier.
Agreed as long as there not moles trying to start shiat! We are trying to bring up other topics to so the "guests" know that it's not strictly guns here! We like lots of things and enjoy having conversations and not just obsessing over guns! Oh and you can talk about all kinds of guns to, not just 1911s
PS: screw the gun haters and gubment! We're all on a list somewhere anyways.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Agreed as long as there not moles trying to start shiat! We are trying to bring up other topics to so the "guests" know that it's not strictly guns here! We like lots of things and enjoy having conversations and not just obsessing over guns! Oh and you can talk about all kinds of guns to, not just 1911s
PS: screw the gun haters and gubment! We're all on a list somewhere anyways.

Have some of you forgoten how the Trolls came in before the Election & created all kinds of turmoil & confusion among the members?
I hope they are all in their basements sucking their thumbs & sleeping in their self made stupors. o_O

Just in case let's try to keep it to real Gun owners who love America. Too much to ask?

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Have some of you forgoten how the Trolls came in before the Election & created all kinds of turmoil & confusion among the members?
I hope they are all in their basements sucking their thumbs & sleeping in their self made stupors. o_O

Just in case let's try to keep it to real Gun owners who love America. Too much to ask?
Fully agree. The trolls need to go have their own forum. Here, we just like to talk guns, ammo and a good (or not so good) joke here and there. And of course, we love our country and we're very concerned about it's current direction.

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
We are also here, because we appreciate the quality and historical nature of the 1911. For me, it's what I first got trained on in USCG bootcamp, as an 18 yr old punk kid out of high school. I instantly fell in love with it, and that was it. I will always have a 1911 of some type or manufacturer!

My son-in-law has a really nice 9mm Glock 19. I've shot it, doodled around with it after my son-in-law disassembled it for cleaning. Darn near everything in the thing is plastic (Polymer). Thanks but no thanks... I'll stick to the 1911. :cool: