Who I Am

single stack 71

Fanatic
Im a 71 year old Viet Nam Army vet who loves the shooting sports I used to trap and sell fur ,hunt and and compete at long range bench rest compitions.
Now I still shoot long range but not to compete. I fired my first 1911 in the military and I was really impressed John Browning was an amazing man.
I truly fell in love with the 1911 pistol and to this day its my go to hand gun. I pack it with me when in the mountains of Idaho for personal protection
from predators that we have here. I cast my own bullets and reload my own ammo for my 1911 and other fire arms that I have. I have been retired for 6 years and I spend a lot of time at the range and fishing.
I really enjoy shooting steel plates with the 1911 its much more fun than the smaller calibers. Ijust want to say I think its great that there are people who appreciate this classic fire arm out there.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
SS71 we have so much in common per your post here, I would look at the Ruger as I still shoot in matches and you NEVER see anyone with the R1 here Ruger's, SA and Sigs here dominate it, try to find a Remington double stack! They only made 1-2 runs of them it seems.
This Sat's match will be either my STI single stack of Para double stack depending on stages. I probably will shoot them tomorrow also.

betjordan

New Fanatic
Im a 71 year old Viet Nam Army vet who loves the shooting sports I used to trap and sell fur ,hunt and and compete at long range bench rest compitions.
Now I still shoot long range but not to compete. I fired my first 1911 in the military and I was really impressed John Browning was an amazing man.
I truly fell in love with the 1911 pistol and to this day its my go to hand gun. I pack it with me when in the mountains of Idaho for personal protection
from predators that we have here. I cast my own bullets and reload my own ammo for my 1911 and other fire arms that I have. I have been retired for 6 years and I spend a lot of time at the range and fishing.
I really enjoy shooting steel plates with the 1911 its much more fun than the smaller calibers. Ijust want to say I think its great that there are people who appreciate this classic fire arm out there.
Welcome Home brother....U.S. Infantry Vietnam 68-69

Latest posts