WHIDPA - 3 Gun - March 12 - Houston

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyway be heading out? I'm slotted in Squad 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Scott C Taylor said:
Not to brag but got this bad boy setup yesterday. No more lugging around, what feels like, 500lbs of gear.

That's the exact same cart me and Jason Grant roll with. You're playing with the big boys now. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been voluntold to spend my Saturday assisting with a bicycle race, I'd rather be there! Hope the rain doesn't flood out the bays, I know Phil has been working the roads but it may not be enough.

I still use a 4-wheel cart with uprights so I'm in the Busch League!

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Wix did you shoot last month? The road is nice but I can sure see the bay's holding water.

Crossing my fingers it stays dry.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
Scott I think it might be rained out 😀.

09dd30f853ce3be36a3d65eca4533ad7.jpg

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Haha dayum. I kinda figured it was a no go.

Wait, anybody got a jet ski?

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
Scott C Taylor said:
Wix did you shoot last month? The road is nice but I can sure see the bay's holding water.

Crossing my fingers it stays dry.

No, I shot USPSA down at Area 59 that day. It was a 10 stage anniversary shoot for them and all proceeds went to range upgrades (like carports and benches/tables).

I mainly shoot Dissident 3-Gun, WHIDPA 3-Gun, Area 59 USPSA, and then whatever else I can fit in when I have time.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Flatland - na I don't think the roadwork has impacted the bays that much. All it seems to be is regrading and added bull rock.

Wix - Right on, very cool. I will be shooting at Dissident and possibly Chicken Ranch in the future, plan to concentrate on shooting 3 Gun Nation Club matches. BUT, wife is about to drop baby #1 any time now, so it'll be dry fire practice for the next several months.

wixthedog

Well-Known Fanatic
Phil shut the range down until tomorrow (3/15) for all shooting, his expensive road base was washing away!

I shoot Dissident every month unless something big gets in the way, it's an awesome match. I shot over at the Chicken Ranch on 1/31 and had a good time, they put on a good match and it will only get better.

I started with IDPA and then moved to 3 gun. I soon realized to be better in 3 gun I need to shoot USPSA! It's rare I shoot IDPA anymore but I will be working the Comp Tac Republic of Texas State Match at the Pacleb Ranch in May. I try to come out to WHIDPA for a Wednesday match when I can but weekday shooting is getting harder and harder to pull off.

I sure wish I was heading up to Cresson next weekend for the shotgun match...

Latest posts