What pistol and Rifles for Rimfire Matchs

Dancer4Life

Long Live The Republic, God Bless America!
Hey guys,
I was wondering what everyone uses when shooting in the rimfire competitions. I have a Sig 1911 22lr and a old Remington pump and Marlin Golden Boy leverage action 22lr. Was thinking about getting a new rifle just for the matches. What do you think?

hunter_dmw12

Well-Known Fanatic
Agree it is hard to beat a ruger mark II or mark III heavy barrel for pistol. And for the rifle look no farther than the tried and true ruger 10-22. The sky is the limits on what modifications you can do on both.

Dancer4Life

If I go with the 10/22, should I get the take down? everyone tells me that is the one to get but is it that much better for competition?

dennishoddy

Any of the 10-22 models will work. If you don't have one yet, look at the S&W AR style .22 rifles which have proven to be very reliable or a dedicated .22 upper for your AR lower like the Nordic NC22.

Ceiner makes a drop in insert for a .223 upper. Don't have one, but their reputation for reliability is pretty solid from what I've read.

Pistols, the Ruger Mark II or Mark III are very popular, along with the Browning buckmark. Both quality steel shooters.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
+1 on the M&P 15-22. These guys steered me in that direction and it may be the most fun gun I own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
check out Tactical Solutions - they make some pretty cool stuff for Ruger/Browning pistols, rifle add-ons or a complete rifle, .22 uppers, and even a 2211 pistol upper that is awesome! Their stuff is quality, relatively inexpensive, and always seems to function. I currently have a 2011 upper, x-ring rifle, ruger upper and browning upper.

check out Tactical Solutions - they make some pretty cool stuff for Ruger/Browning pistols, rifle add-ons or a complete rifle, .22 uppers, and even a 2211 pistol upper that is awesome! Their stuff is quality, relatively inexpensive, and always seems to function. I currently have a 2011 upper, x-ring rifle, ruger upper and browning upper.

Dancer4Life

Thanks for all the input folks. It really is helping me decide which equipment to get. One of the best forums on the web.

Latest posts