What did you shoot today?

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
Range report please?
2166 rounds through the 2 NFs in 48 hours. Just lube after every session. No pistol failures, did have a couple of ammo related issues with wimpy ass Armscor.38 super not cycling the slide. I was going to write up a little report, when time allows.

So far, the Holosun is leading in the RDS comparison. I plan on comparing the RMR, Holosun, Delta Point Pro and the Sig Romeo1 when I get a chance.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
2166 rounds through the 2 NFs in 48 hours. Just lube after every session. No pistol failures, did have a couple of ammo related issues with wimpy ass Armscor.38 super not cycling the slide. I was going to write up a little report, when time allows.

So far, the Holosun is leading in the RDS comparison. I plan on comparing the RMR, Holosun, Delta Point Pro and the Sig Romeo1 when I get a chance.
Sounds awesome. Please keep us updated on optics also.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic

160 rounds through the NF, all flawless. 100 each through the Sigs (flawless as well). The NF is clearly the most accurate, especially during rapid fire.

Last mag out of the NF at 15 yards (45 feet), rapid fire.

So far I would rank the MRDSs as follows:
1- Holosun
2A- RMR
2B- Delta Point Pro
4- Sig Romeo1

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
What do you like more about the Holosun?
Easiest for me to acquire the dot on presentation. Delta Point Pro is close to the Holosun. The RMR window is smaller, but still able to pick it up and it is the 1 MOA dot. The Romeo1 just isn't as easy for me.

I still plan to do a more detailed side by side shooting comparison when I get some time. This was the first outing with the 3 together.

deadguy

Active Fanatic
Easiest for me to acquire the dot on presentation. Delta Point Pro is close to the Holosun. The RMR window is smaller, but still able to pick it up and it is the 1 MOA dot. The Romeo1 just isn't as easy for me.

I still plan to do a more detailed side by side shooting comparison when I get some time. This was the first outing with the 3 together.
Got it. Of those 3, did you notice one having glass more clear than the others?

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
To tell the truth, I really haven't noticed a difference in clarity. The knock on the RMR is the blueish tint to the glass, doesn't bother me a bit.

deadguy

Active Fanatic
To tell the truth, I really haven't noticed a difference in clarity. The knock on the RMR is the blueish tint to the glass, doesn't bother me a bit.
Doesn't bother me, either. I've read where some folks think one has clearer glass than others, possibly because of the tint.

At the moment, I have nothing to compare the RMR to, so I have no opinion on it.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm watching for your comparison closely. Very excited to be on Joe's preorder list for the RDSM and just figured that buying an rmr was a foregone conclusion. I'm usually a buy once, cry once type of guy and like to have equipment better than myself. That said I truly value your opinion and Joe isn't going to put a questionable optic on a gun. If it's better, I'm not the type to buy something more expensive for bragging rights. Also I like the reticle options, I'm an Eotech guy, flame suit on but I do like their reticle and they haven't failed me. The shake awake or whatever seems like a very good idea as long as it works. Holosun seems to be providing a very good alternative optic without the price attached to a name. Thanks for your insight.

tamo18

New Fanatic
I put 250 rounds thru my Ruger Mk III, 200 rounds thru my Sig Sauer P-226 9mm, and 210 rounds thru my Springfield Armory 1911. I wish I could do that more often!!!20190304_190316.jpg20190302_090135.jpg20180720_112132.jpg

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
556E65E7-1165-458F-A717-4FC2478E1B34.jpeg
I had the opportunity to get some after hours time at an indoor range. It nice having the A/C pumping when it 114 out.

We ran a variety of drills from Julie Gulubs CCW warm up to a stage where we started seated facing away from the targets and on the sound of the buzzer had to stand move 3 yards to the side, identify which target was a threat and shoot twice with a 5 second par time for pass or fail. All drills were shot from concealment.

The BEC G19 continues to perform flawlessly. I'm in it now 2500 rounds without a single malfunction or RMR issue.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
At lunch I ran a box of Magtech 180 10mm through my SA TRP 6" 10mm at a local range. She felt great. Still breakin it in as she only has 100 rnds downrange.SA bridgeport 022.jpg

Latest posts