What are the viable shotgun options for 3gun and shotgun matches?

Chambers

actual GM
If it makes you feel better I didn't see a Benelli make it through that 34 round shotgun stage perfectly, either. I had a shell that didn't eject, Chris had a slug that didn't feed and I believe the Salient gun choked once. Mike Seeklander angered the shotgun gods or something, too.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
If it makes you feel better I didn't see a Benelli make it through that 34 round shotgun stage perfectly, either. I had a shell that didn't eject, Chris had a slug that didn't feed and I believe the Salient gun choked once. Mike Seeklander angered the shotgun gods or something, too.

Mine made it through swimmingly. Maybe because I shot it so slow!

Seeklander was using bad shells. It caused his and my gun to look like an FN! :)

It was bad crimps on the winchester white box sport shells. It happens though, which is why I shoot AA's or STS at every match, local or not.. A little bit of insurance goes a long way! :)

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm curious about this also. That gun is the right price. Doesnt look like Nordic makes extensions for it though

Some folks over on the CZforums have used 870 or Nova tubes from Nordic. Minor fitting required.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I was under the impression that someone was trying to get their hands on the cz shotgun to do a review on it. What ever happened to that?
It's probably ongoing. You can't adequately test the viabilty of a product to fit a particular market in a day. Modifcations have to be made, Torture tests have to be conducted, more mods, etc... Be patient these things take time.

Airic

I shoot.
It's probably ongoing. You can't adequately test the viabilty of a product to fit a particular market in a day. Modifcations have to be made, Torture tests have to be conducted, more mods, etc... Be patient these things take time.

But dammit! I want a cheap, entry level, semi auto 3 gun shotgun that has been tested and approved NOW! B)

Chambers

actual GM
I consider an Accurate Iron Benelli cheap...

It is when you compare it to the rifle and handgun I shoot.

Even if these new shotguns come around and are viable (and that's a big IF), I'd still want a Benelli.

WideLoadTimmy

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall - I was more wanting something like a status update or a first impression. Kinda like how Dubois did when he went and picked up the LOKI stuff. I don't even know if the people picking up the CZ shotguns are on This site or another one. I was just kinda wanting to follow along. Like how magazines will build a project car over the span of more than one issue.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
We are here. We are still in the appropriation phase. The guns show great promise. Wayyyy better than the Mossberg bricks.. We will be tinkering and writing soon. I will say this, after holding one and seeing how it is made, you are not going to be disappointed. I would already recommend one for a viable solution and the tinkering and testing will be more academic..

M

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
It was Redneck Tactical (Mike Pinto) that was getting the shotguns from CZ. IIRC, Nordic Components was going to make a tube extension for them to put on it. There will have to be several mods done to it. They may not even have it or other components yet, due to the shot show just wrapping up not too long ago. And testing it out would be difficult with the weather last week.

All I'm saying is that everyone is excited about this, including RNT. I'm sure Mike will update us when they have something to report, we just have to be patient. No harm in asking, I was just answering your question of "what ever happened to that".

WideLoadTimmy

Well-Known Fanatic
It was Redneck Tactical (Mike Pinto) that was getting the shotguns from CZ. IIRC, Nordic Components was going to make a tube extension for them to put on it. There will have to be several mods done to it. They may not even have it or other components yet, due to the shot show just wrapping up not too long ago. And testing it out would be difficult with the weather last week.

All I'm saying is that everyone is excited about this, including RNT. I'm sure Mike will update us when they have something to report, we just have to be patient. No harm in asking, I was just answering your question of "what ever happened to that".

After the whatnot with the group buy suggestions thread, I Just didn't want to sound too impatient. I am thinking about buying one anyways just because the price is right and, from what I have heard, CZ is a good, reputable company so it sounds like a win. I'm anxious.

Feegee

The Magic Man
I am wanting to buy a shotgun for 3 gun and I was wondering if the Remington 11-87 police or the Remington 1000 tactical , which one would be best ??

Latest posts