What are the viable shotgun options for 3gun and shotgun matches?

Rockon71385

Founding Member
I had a M1 Super 90 and I loved the way it shot, but something feels wrong about using a gun that I can't even buy a replacement barrel for. At some point I want to get a shotgun setup for 3 gun, and I'd like to get one from a company that offers a little more customer support and maybe even supports the shooting sports. What are the viable non-benelli choices for shotguns? I saw that Miculek just signed with mossberg, and the prices on those look pretty decent compared the italian jobs. What can you guys that know what you're talking about tell me? Should I just suck it up and go with an M2? I'm not getting one anytime too soon. I new limited gun is first on the priority list

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
FN slp mk1.

fae64938.jpg

I had a M1 Super 90 and I loved the way it shot, but something feels wrong about using a gun that I can't even buy a replacement barrel for. At some point I want to get a shotgun setup for 3 gun, and I'd like to get one from a company that offers a little more customer support and maybe even supports the shooting sports. What are the viable non-benelli choices for shotguns? I saw that Miculek just signed with mossberg, and the prices on those look pretty decent compared the italian jobs. What can you guys that know what you're talking about tell me? Should I just suck it up and go with an M2? I'm not getting one anytime too soon. I new limited gun is first on the priority list

By the time your ready, we will have a good idea as to the viability of the 930's.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I hear Browning is getting into the game and Remington has a new line out as well. Good things are happening in out sport right now on the shotgun front. Stay tuned.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
By the time your ready, we will have a good idea as to the viability of the 930's.

I watched Jerry run the Mossy at HAVA a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to do well. I also chatted with Tom Taylor (VP of Mossberg Sales & Marketing) and he told me they were in development with Jerry & Benny Hill to produce a factory version of the gun Jerry is running. It would be nice to see factory support like that.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
I hear Browning is getting into the game and Remington has a new line out as well. Good things are happening in out sport right now on the shotgun front. Stay tuned.

Thank God, maybe someone can produce a more purpose built practical shotgun, hopefully a company that's really into practical shooting.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
What do you mean Benellli doesn't support practical shooting? Tom Knapp is a sponsored shooter. So tell me what isn't practical about shooting 50 clay birds that you throw yourself at one time? :-[

Rockon71385

Founding Member
What do you mean Benellli doesn't support practical shooting? Tom Knapp is a sponsored shooter. So tell me what isn't practical about shooting 50 clay birds that you throw yourself at one time? :-[

Obviously you've never seen this movie. So it looks like I should hang out and see what develops over the next year.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Does FNH support shooting sports?
They've created a tv show dedicated to 3gun. Don't really know how much more supportive they can be. I guess they could give me a shotgun to support my sport shooting, but I don't see that happening. I can't blame them though, I suck, But I have fun.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty

No they don't. :)

FNH supports the sport more than any other manufacturer, and they produce a gun more geared towards 3-gun, but I wouldn't call their offering perfect or turnkey.

The gun bites the hand that feeds, has a less than optimal sighting system/barrel, and tends to lunch gas pistons. I have heard tell of a competition model with a light vent rib barrel and non hand eating lifter, but have not seen such an animal. My SLP works now, after lots of tinkering and swearing.

Benelli makes a very nice gun, but they have absolutely no interest in 3-gun or practical shotgun. That being said a lot of people shoot them cause they work well and I can't find fault in using what works.

jtischauser

We stoled that gun Mike! That less than half of what it would cost to order one from Benny Hill.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
By the way, benelli dropped Tom when he divulged his illness that would have to limit his appearances. Proving once again they are ass clowns.

jtischauser

They've created a tv show dedicated to 3gun. Don't really know how much more supportive they can be. I guess they could give me a shotgun to support my sport shooting, but I don't see that happening. I can't blame them though, I suck, But I have fun.

FNH didn't create the show they are just the major sponsor.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
They don't really do much for 3-gun except have their whole team at most matches. Their support is very little for the game. Remington gave more money to 3-gun this year than FN. The guns their team use and that were in the shootoff are not even offered by FN. The money in 3-gun nation mostly came from surefire and leopold. They supplied the guns and ammo and personnel to run it. Besides that, I would love to hear what else the did for the game this past year..

Latest posts