What are the viable shotgun options for 3gun and shotgun matches?

[email protected]

Well-Known Fanatic
Make sure those models will function reliably with light loads. I'm thinking both of those are designed for full power loads. Then you'll have to deal with the slow loading issue. An EZ Loader can fix that.
If you research this topic you'll find that the Benelli is the overwhelming favorite.

WideLoadTimmy

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay, its been a few months since I asked. I haven't been on in a while, either. Did we ever hear anything from Red Neck Tactical about this? Did they make a new thread? If so, whats the verdict?

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
What would you like to know about it? I happen to know where a CZ712 that's finally running pretty good, last 3-gun it ran like a champ and I've been trying to make it screw up or break but so far nothing but running good. Your not going to run powder puff loads but the 2 3/4 dram AA loads are functioning AWESOME.

Your more than welcome to run a box or two through it if you'd like. Later,

Kirk

Feegee

The Magic Man
I have had my mossy 930 spx now for a while and love it I got a Nordic extension tube for it and it holds 11 rounds. I have never had really any trouble with it. I have shot about 1000 rounds or more and only had about 2 or 3 jams or hang up'sl. Sean (can't remember his last name) at one of the 3 gun matches showed me a trick on this shotgun was to turn the two rings on the end of the gas port 180 degrees away from each other and to smooth out the tube with some steel wool, and he said that then it would run light loads really well after that. I have not tried this yet but it is on my list this week before the next 3 gun event. I am by no means a pro about any of this, but this is comming from a poor mans perspective that has got a cheep shotgun to run really well.

WideLoadTimmy

Well-Known Fanatic
Feegee, Kirk, thanks for the input. I may be picking up one of these after I get this motor sold and out of my garage. Kirk I might take you up on that offer in a couple weeks. I kinda want to see how well it shoots clay. Some friends and I shot up in Arcadia Saturday and I really want to stop borrowing a shotgun for this.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
It wouldn't take much to talk me into some sporting clays for sure! just let me know a day or two in advance. Later,

Kirk

Feegee

The Magic Man
I did forget to say that I do wish the barrel was threaded that is one of the drawbacks about it. I have a lathe at work to thread the barrel, but just don't have the parts to do it or the know how but I am pretty sure I could figure it out. If anyone has a threader I can use it would be greatly appreciated...... Any time you want to shoot my mossy P. O. S. you are more than welcome just pm, email me or call 405-208-3622 feegeematlock@gmail. 

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
My Benelli SBE had a couple of failures to eject this weekend. It was disturbing.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
It was no offense to you Feegee. I am honestly glad you got one to work. I had hell, I mean HELL, trying to get mine to run. If it runs, Great! Mine didn't so I hold a grudge against them.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Not a problem just let me know, if you don't like the CZ after you get it I'm sure I know a guy or two that might take it off your hands. Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got the Utility, I shot some sporting clays with it and as long as I did my part I busted birds. I did screw up on that shot as I ran a Mod choke and should have been shooting IC. I got this mainly for 3-gun and in case the zombies attack but with the tube extension I can hold 10 rounds as you can ghost load.

I'm very impressed with this shotgun along with some others on the board granted it took some doing to get it to where it is today but hey when you jump into something knowing nothing about it or IF it will work ya gotta play :) no worries though nothing some beer and a dremel tool won't fix LOL Later,

Kirk

Latest posts