Wet AR bolt

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I dislike CLP. I will admit most of the CLP problems I have seen is because the CLP was not shaken well before each use and it separates easily. Additionally having been were it gets cold CLP is a poor performer when the temp drops. I have never had a problem with it other than cold temps. I just don't think an all in one is the best stuff and at best is a compromise and only as long as it gets well shaken before each use and stays out of the colder climates.

Now Mobil 1 or other quality synthetic oil is great. I like 5-30 Mobil 1 though have been using 0-30/40 for a while since that is what I purchased the last time.

Run your guns for what they need and the climate/terrain you are in. Find what works be it whale sperm and croc tears to whatever and keep it on hand.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
makereadyproshop.com doesn't currently carry this lube
Well tell Mike to order some up. It is expensive if you have someone else get it for you. If you get it yourself you get the added benefit of a cardio work out as well as the lube. Only thing better at giving you a cardio workout is rubbing a pumas arse with a corn cob and turpentine.

As a kid setting off to the side of a full service gas station drinking my RC Cola with peanuts, this stray wondered over and it sure must had been thirsty because it licked up some spilled fuel off of the ground. Well that dog took off running back and forth and around the pumps and then started doing tight circles and collapsed. A lady near by gasped and asked if the dog was dead. The attendant said no ma'am he just ran out of gas. Here's your sign.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
As far as CLP not working in colder temps, that is true. When we did cold weather training in the Marines we did change all of the lubes we used for the various guns we had.

I live in FL now though, so cold isn't an issue. Winter here barely requires a sweatshirt, and only lasts a couple of weeks. Our seasons are rainy season (also known as hurricane season), and not rainy season. I actually wear shorts here year round unless I am hunting or at work.

desert_gypsy

Well-Known Fanatic
Tuflehundon said:
As far as CLP not working in colder temps, that is true. When we did cold weather training in the Marines we did change all of the lubes we used for the various guns we had.

I live in FL now though, so cold isn't an issue. Winter here barely requires a sweatshirt, and only lasts a couple of weeks. Our seasons are rainy season (also known as hurricane season), and not rainy season. I actually wear shorts here year round unless I am hunting or at work.
I remember throwing literal handfuls of LSA under the feed tray cover of the .50 at the ranges in 29 palms to keep them running, and having to adjust the timing after every 2-3 cans. Those things had seen some abuse lol

Latest posts