Wet AR bolt

ripnbst

Well-Known Fanatic
I ran my 1911 and my AR wet. Most of the reading I've seen on lubing these guns say they are better wet than not. I'd rather use too much than not enough, lube is relatively cheap compared to prematurely worn components.

Jonathan Waits

Well-Known Fanatic
I kind of had to switch to frog lube because my wife is ultra sensitive to hoppes. I love it though, makes cleaning a breeze and while it smells not great, it's certainly not horrible. I would like to try fire clean one day, but its a little out of my price range.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
I wound up, at least for now, using synthetic Rotella 5W30 with about 10% STP. Works great for lubing steel flasher targets, too.

Feegee

The Magic Man
I run the Mobil one on everything and I run all my guns WET. Most the time all the extra will burn off or get slung off. All I know is metal on metal is going to wear out sooner or later so why not keep it going as long as you can.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I run Brian Enos Slide Glide on my Pistol and AR. CLP on the shotgun. Slide Glide goes a long way. You don't have to put much on, and it stays were you put it. Tried it on the shotgun, and it just didn't like it, guess it was to thick for it. I have see Froglube cause failures on shotguns to. Same reason, being to thick. I'd like to find something better than CLP to use on the shotgun, but won't use motor oil. Hate the smell it leaves in the gun.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
My rifle is just as reliable as anyone elses. Never once have I had a single issue that was caused by the lube I use. If I can get the relaiblity without the smell, I'll take it any day.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
Feegee Matlock said:
Mobile one is what all the pros use by a quart and you have gun lube for life
0W-40 Mobil 1. If it's good enough for my Porsche, it's good enough for my AR.

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
anybody use remoil any more? i was using clp to clean and remoil to lube but now am using more and more mobil... i cant tell much of a difference but i have never had problems with any of the 3, i will say i do a fair amount of shotgun shooting in really low temps during duck season and clp and remoil have never let me down on my sbe...

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
I have an Adams Arms piston conversion on my AR. Works really well and no carrier tilt. Oh, and best of all...it doesn't have a problem feeding. As an added benefit, it's easy to clean the rifle. I don't have stuff on my face other than a big grin at the end of the day.

Latest posts