USSA PRO AM 6/16/13

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
No 3gun is sat anyone can shoot it and proam is on sunday

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

JustSayWhen

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok how much is it to do this match? I like shooting fast at steel! (Well what I mean by fast you guys probably mean average at best) haha. If this is on Sunday I will be there! I will bring a few people as well. Are there different divisions? Nice video.

ef9turbo

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm sure it's 10 for members and 15 for non. Pro-Am is Sunda and there are not different divisions. You can shoot pistol then the shotgun match later.

Are we still letting people who need to work shoot first and hop from group to group?

Steve Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
Nooooo!!!!! Damn it!! I swear the pro am has a 50% cancelation rate. I was really looking forward to shooting it for the first time. Rearranged a bunch of stuff to be there.

Redline

Well-Known Fanatic
You are correct Pro Am is now under new management I am no longer the match director, I hope the next guy gets a little more help on the set up and tear down off 100-120 pieces of steel and gets a little bit of appreciation for VOLUNTEERING there time for FREE.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
ALL match directors should get a little more appreciation, It really is a thankless job.
Most MD's do this on a volunteer basis (not paid). They have families & full time jobs just like the rest of us.
Most of the time they don't even get to shoot the match.
When they do get to shoot it, they're usually preoccupied with running it & don't get to fully enjoy it like the rest of us.
I've noticed more & more lately that it seems like alot of shooters seem to think these matches just kinda happen.
They show up, shoot & leave. If the guys that put the matches on don't get any help, this is what happens......no more match.

Do your part & help as much as possible & try to remember to THANK THE MD's & show a little appreciation for their efforts.
ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!!

So, next time you see Cyrwus at a 3gun match, give him a little hug to show how much we appreciate him :)

Steve Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
I wouldn't mind paying a little extra to shoot with the money going directly to the MD. I understand the nature of a thankless volunteer position. I held one for many years, but I also understand following through with commitments. If it was simply a matter of help setting up, I would have gladly helped. This was the last Pro Am before Florida - that's a bummer.
I do appreciate every MD and don't see why they can't get a little $$ for their efforts. Their time is valuable and not worth zero. Consistency with meets would be worth an extra $5 per person in my opinion. But u know what they say about opinions :)

Redline

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey guys i am sorry if you were inconvienced in any way by the the cancelation of this match, just to clarify this match was my responsability and my decision to cancel it so that is on me not the next md. To the best of my knowledge at the moment we have a new match director lined up to take over and continue running pro am matches. Tony, thanks for laying down a little perspective you are spot on my friend.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Also a reason this match was canceled is ussa has to get ready for 3gn. I'm sorry it was short notice but things come up and sometimes matches have to be canceled

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2