USPSA @ USSA 4/12/15

Robbie said:
Same principle applies. Shooting a club match with bagged targets and soggy pasters is good practice for shooting a major with bagged targets and soggy pasters.

If you go to Area 4 and it's raining all day, but you've shot several rainy matches throughout the season, you'll be that much more comfortable with the situation. Guys that stayed home on rainy days or who didn't bring rain gear to the match will get weeded out by weather alone. It's just one more challenging part of the game. Learning to shoot in/prepare for shitty weather is part of being a well-rounded shooter. I learned that lesson that hard way at my first Double Tap Championship when I showed up in spring clothing and it started snowing.
Your response is very skewed towards the shooters, but doesnt consider club match volunteers. They do quite a bit of work for matches when the weathers great. Very often they sacrifice from being able to shoot the very match they help set up.. When the weather's shitty, the storms dont bring along any additional help with it. They know full well theyre going to have to REALLY work their ass off in order for the shooters not to have a shitty match and be out there all day in the rain.
If I have one of the okcgc three gun matches (paper heavy matches, usually) under threat of rain, Im cancelling it.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
mike cyrwus said:
Your response is very skewed towards the shooters, but doesnt consider club match volunteers. They do quite a bit of work for matches when the weathers great. Very often they sacrifice from being able to shoot the very match they help set up.. When the weather's shitty, the storms dont bring along any additional help with it. They know full well theyre going to have to REALLY work their ass off in order for the shooters not to have a shitty match and be out there all day in the rain.
If I have one of the okcgc three gun matches (paper heavy matches, usually) under threat of rain, Im cancelling it.
For sure. I'm not bitching about cancelled matches. I'm just saying that as a competitor bad weather matches are good practice.

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
Set up is finished and everything is ready to go tomorrow. It sprinkled rain on us the whole time during set up but it never really rained. Sun is now shining so it should be a great day.

Come out and shoot with us!

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks Spencer, thanks everybody for helping out with tear down. I hope everybody enjoyed the stages!

Thanks again!!!!!

imhntn

Founding Member
Liked the stages and a good match. That standard shoot at 35 yrds sure made the match take forever for one group but you live and learn. Thanks for all the hard work setting it up and running it!

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome match Chad.

I really liked the standards stage.

If we had left an open stage between the squads on the standards stage, I think we would have been fine. Live and learn.

Latest posts