USPSA @ USSA 4/12/15

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
It's just about that time again for our monthly USPSA @ USSA Match on Sunday 4/12/2015.

I am planning on 7 awesome stages, classifier included, with a total round count of 183 if you don't miss!

We will be using practiscore but will be entering shooters as you check in at the match. Bring a friend, as you do not want to miss this match!

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
I know right, seems like this is the 3rd or 4th time it's gonna try and rain on us. The forecast will probably change about that many times between now and then too.

Hope it changes for the better because it would suck to set up in the sun and have nobody come shoot on sunday cause it might rain....

Prov1x

Well-Known Fanatic
Latest forecast on accuweather concerning Sunday looks to be okay for the match and not start storming until around 2 or 3. Unless something changes, it is OK, it should be a great day for shooting so come out and shoot with us!

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Shooting club matches in the rain is the best practice you can get for shooting a major match in the rain. I'll be there rain or shine.

02Fatboy

Well-Known Fanatic
Robbie said:
Shooting club matches in the rain is the best practice you can get for shooting a major match in the rain. I'll be there rain or shine.
It's not about shooting in the rain it's about the targets, plastic bags and the tape staying on the
targets.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Rick Honey said:
It's not about shooting in the rain it's about the targets, plastic bags and the tape staying on the
targets.
Same principle applies. Shooting a club match with bagged targets and soggy pasters is good practice for shooting a major with bagged targets and soggy pasters.

If you go to Area 4 and it's raining all day, but you've shot several rainy matches throughout the season, you'll be that much more comfortable with the situation. Guys that stayed home on rainy days or who didn't bring rain gear to the match will get weeded out by weather alone. It's just one more challenging part of the game. Learning to shoot in/prepare for shitty weather is part of being a well-rounded shooter. I learned that lesson that hard way at my first Double Tap Championship when I showed up in spring clothing and it started snowing.

Latest posts