USPSA Production Division Rule Change

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
The pull weight is probably going to be measured with NRA weights which will be a heck of a lot better than any gauge made. Checking pull weight is done in many shooting sports and the procedure works well enough. The uproar seems to be that some feel the BOD just foisted this rule on the membership without any meaningful discussion or research. A few shooters are also going to have to rework their triggers to pick up the weight.

I do like the removal of the 500 unit requirement for Limited division though. That rule was really a vortex of ambiguity.
That really is the crux of the matter in my way of thinking, that and the fact that they don't have a concrete testing procedure lined out to go with said rule. The 3lb number ain't no thang.

Pffft....Revo is where it's really at anyway. 8)

But it's so hard to tell what's "off the shelf" hard to tell if a few springs were changed and polished.

I bet you could take 10 people and let each measure the trigger pull of a gun and you would get 10 diff numbers. As someone said on Enos. It's easy to see if a gun fits in a box or what it weighs but trigger pull will vary depending on where it's measured from etc etc

That is a valid point.

Everyone is acting like they will be so put out by this rule....

How many times do we really get chronoed at a major match? Or magazines gauged??? Not very often, but we all make sure we're in spec, right?

I understand some have spent big dollars modifying their production guns, but it is what it is.... a year or two ago the CZ guys were mad because the had to have the firing pin safety in their guns, which made their trigger pull heavier. I feel the bod is only trying to keep the playing field as level as possible. A new shooter is not going to have some whiz bang trigger on his gun. As it is now, he feels he needs to make that additional purchase to be competitive. This division has grown with new shooters in mind. USPSA was trying to get away from the race gear appearance with production and I think they've somewhat accomplished it.

The rule change is a good thing

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
that 10 round limit is there to accomidate the capacity restricted states.
USPSA wants everyone to have the same obsticles. If a guy in Cal. is having to do twice as many mag changes with his G17 as the rest of the country, it'd be a little more difficult for him to advance in the rankings.

imacgyver

Founding Member
I can still have my magnets - just can't use them anymore unless....

Can't believe they are hating on me because of one match!

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
they said on eno's that they will probably re-vote and at least some of the people that voted for it are going to vote the other direction, so don't sell your guns yet!!

imacgyver

Founding Member
If I have to change my gear and pistol - I'm going to be forced to compete in limited .40

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
I can still have my magnets - just can't use them anymore unless....

Can't believe they are hating on me because of one match!

You can wait for the re-vote, but it appears that magnets will be out for sure in 2013. No one really objected to making magnets illegal in production next year.

imacgyver

Founding Member
I would have strenuously objected... I can fabricate additional mag pouches to snap on my magnets allowing for mag pouches to be on mag pouches..... Is that even legal?