USPSA Production Division Rule Change

ChrisC

Revolver Division
I think ol yeller once said..... they let you be a GM with Glocks too....

my first production gun has stippling on the frame which is a no-no, i don't know if Mike can fix it back but I'm going to let him try

So then I went with a SA XD-9 tactical... I'm going to have to put a gauge to it to see where it fits

I may have to go shadow on that ass next....

but honestly viva REVOLVER......

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I soooo wanna post "you think production with a 3lb trigger is hard? Go try revo!". To a couple of guys anyway...

I really don't know what they were trying to "fix" tho. Seems it is working just fine as it is, and I don't care if you have 1.25 lb trigger, you are still not getting comps, optics, monster magwells, tricked out slides full of slots, holes, and all manner of deviousness. But on the other hand you can run race belts, DOH holsters and tricked mag pouches. What's up with that?

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
"Single Stack and Production will have language added to disallow the use of magnetic magazine pouches."

JP- sorry dude, no more magnetic mag pouches.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I thought SS and Prod already disallowed magnetic pouches. At least that's what my anti gamer squad Mayes convinced me of at double tap this past year.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
You can have magnets as long as they are behind your hipbone

Thats not what the new rule looks like i think they said magnets will not be allowed in production.

Single Stack and Production will have language added to disallow the use of magnetic magazine pouches

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I was referring to how the rule stated now per JTs question. You can have magnets now as long as they are behind your hip. After Jan 2013 no more magnets

The rule change doesn't really bother me. If someone wants to make all the mods, why not just shoot limited? A trigger job is not going to make you a better shooter... IMHO

TroyF

TheBearcat
Yeah, the longer ive thought about this the less i care. Just shoot the damn gun.

Im just happy to ge here.......

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I think the biggest uproar is now a lot of people will have to spend money to make their triggers heavier as well as the inconsistency of measuring a trigger pull.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
But it's so hard to tell what's "off the shelf" hard to tell if a few springs were changed and polished.

I bet you could take 10 people and let each measure the trigger pull of a gun and you would get 10 diff numbers. As someone said on Enos. It's easy to see if a gun fits in a box or what it weighs but trigger pull will vary depending on where it's measured from etc etc

TroyF

TheBearcat
So now what do you think is the hot ticket in Production? I'm inclined to think nothing has changed.
I know that most of the top finishers at Nationals were shooting DA/SA pistols. But to say that the DA/SAs gave them some type of advantage cheapens their accomplishment. To me at least. Id rather think that all this proves is those guns were in fhe hands of very capable competitors. Id bet if Stoeger had been running a Glock all these years, he woulda done the same. Its the work put in, not the gun.

I think that staying with a Glock, M&P, or an XD doesnt put you at the mercy of anyone. Especially at the local level. The top 5 guys, locally, are gonna be the top 5 guys regardless, until someone puts in the work and fights to the top.

Right?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Id bet if Stoeger had been running a Glock all these years, he woulda done the same. Its the work put in, not the gun.

I think that staying with a Glock, M&P, or an XD doesnt put you at the mercy of anyone. Especially at the local level. The top 5 guys, locally, are gonna be the top 5 guys regardless, until someone puts in the work and fights to the top.

Right?

Exactly. Stoeger's website is very interesting, btw, as is his range diary on Enos.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
The pull weight is probably going to be measured with NRA weights which will be a heck of a lot better than any gauge made. Checking pull weight is done in many shooting sports and the procedure works well enough. The uproar seems to be that some feel the BOD just foisted this rule on the membership without any meaningful discussion or research. A few shooters are also going to have to rework their triggers to pick up the weight.

I do like the removal of the 500 unit requirement for Limited division though. That rule was really a vortex of ambiguity.

TroyF

TheBearcat
It would be interesting to see what everyone runs in Production. Id bet the Glock still is the #1 gun locally. And i dont see thwt chaning just because of this new rule.