USPSA Production Division Rule Change

TroyF

TheBearcat
Impersonally think length of travel is more important than pull weight. For me anyway.

So do the CZs now have an advantage?

Airic

I shoot.
I don't think this rule change will make it all the way to Jan 2013. The only way to do what the BOD is trying to do is to take away any mods from stock. Then watch the number of DA/SA pistols in production go through the roof.

TroyF

TheBearcat
I agree with both sides......
However, where do we stop? Production guns must have factory recoil springs, guide rods, and be shooting factory ammo?

I have a new production gun for so im G2G.

I do have a bunch of stock Glock trigger bars, springs, and disconnectors...... I'm gonna be rich! LOL

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
How do they plan to test the trigger pull for all of the striker fire guns. I don't think it is quite as easy as testing the trigger on a 1911. Also, the trigger on my gun was over 3 lbs after I had the trigger done, but after 2,500 rds, I have no idea if it is still the same.

I wouldn't have any issue with the 3 lb trigger rule if they had it to begin with. Adding restrictions to a division 10 years later is crap.

TroyF

TheBearcat
I dont have a problem with adding rules 10 years later, because technology adapts and grows, and quite frankly we figure out ways to circumvent the rules (or in this case, the spirit of the division).

TroyF

TheBearcat
My issue is with implementation. If 3 pounds is the norm, it should be across all guns in that division. I know what the SA pull is on a CZ, but in theory it should now be 3lbs ( the same for my M&P, your Glock, etc). If the idea is to level the playing field......

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes. Striker fired guns will be 3, 3, 3, 3, 3... CZ (DA/SA) will be 3, 2, 2, 2, 2...

Even though production is mainly glock, xd, m&p, someone pointed out that 6 of top 10 at nationals this year were CZ (DA/SA).

The Antichrome

I will be shocked if I ever see this rule enforced.

IPSC and NRA Action already enforce this (IPSC is 5.5 lbs. iirc)
It'll be done at chrono just like the box test.

This silly rule took everyone by surprise. It popped up at the BOD meeting, it got voted in, it goes into effect in 2013.
The membership never had the opportunity to tell their AD's their opinion on it. Perhaps member outrage will change it
before it takes effect. We have an elected board of directors. It seems like they should be acting per our directions, not just telling us "this is what we decided"
I was suprised that our current A4 Director voted for it. I wonder what the impetus of the idea was and the reasons for approval.
Just trying to homologate with IPSC? Political correctness? An ill conceived attempt at economy? Or a safety issue? What next?
3lb min trigger in all Divisions?
I'll be interested to see how this plays out and how the rule is worded.

This rule does help the CZ, which was already the highest performance platform. A lot of the top 16 at USPSA Nationals were using the CZ. Witty and handsome shooters have been using the CZ Shadow for years.
If you dont know, the CZ has been dominant in IPSC. The Glocks are not very common because they are at quite a performance disadvantage. Recent IPSC rule changes on capacity have made Glocks slightly more competitive. Until recently Production Division in IPSC allowed guns to be loaded to full capacity...so 19+1 for the CZ vs. 17+1 for the Glock 17. Capacity is now 15, so Glocks can play. Shooting a Glock 17 with a 5.5lb trigger or a CZ with da/sa trigger...hmmm CZ for me please. (BTW, the Glock 34, one of the most common guns on the USPSA circuit...not legal in IPSC)

Now, having said all that, Bob Vogel just won the IPSC World Shoot with a stock G17 with a 5.5lb trigger.

Chambers

actual GM
Witty and handsome? :lol_hitting:

You rocked that CZ in AR last weekend!

Speaking of rules, the only time I've ever even seen a mag gauge at a match was at an Outlaw 3 Gun match.