USPSA multi gun nationals

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I am hoping Iron_shooter and gmshtr will tell us more about what it was like. I heard Daniel Hornet won but there was a controversial call made by the MD who was also his father about Daniel shooting a steal target a unsafe distance with a slug. Rumos has it that it should have been a match DQ instead nothing happens, Daniel won Tje match and them got into the 3 gun nation shootoff and win the $25,000.

Huge nepotism the way it sounds. Not a good situation if it's true.

We want to hear more.....

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
That was in the 3 gun nation match, not the nationals. There were 2 times that there were calls made by the match director, his dad, that were not in the spirit of the game. The slug shot was on a plate less the 8 feet away. Should have been at least a stage dq. There was another where a safety was not engaged on a loaded and abandoned shotgun.
Now, just to clarify, I was on a different squad and heard this directly from people that were on that squad. Whether or not he should have been in the shootoff, he won the shootoff fair and square. If the calls were not correct prior, it was not Daniel's fault and HE should not be blamed or criticized for the decisions made.

This will be the last and only time I will opine on that subject. The shootoff match 4 stages were fun, although carnival'ish.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Sounds like he probably should have stepped up and removed himself from the controversy. People are gonna talk.

Latest posts