USPSA Match at OKCGC 7/5/14

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea, Dennis I think Tony was right, the dust was definitely a part of of it, and I know ours overheated once. Even though Matt turned off the wi-fi, it still wanted to connect and when it did, you weren't doing anything else. The screen just went tits up and locked up until it was in shade for a few minutes at the end. For most of the match it seemed to work fine if I walked up to the road, but down in the bay where the targets are it was no dice. Then walking up to the road didn't work. Tony had said to keep the dust off of it, but I wasn't seeing any on it. I'm used to my iPad, which will work fine with all manner of nastiness on the screen. Those Nooks are uber sensitive.

I can't friggin believe I got those little poppers on that one stage with the red ramp front sight on my 686, the big ones were tough, but the little ones? Holy **** they were out there! And that triangle stage was just friggin brutal with a 6 shot revolver.

our nook worked perfectly, I was really wiped out by the time I got home. I had a heat headache for the whole night. Thats the reason Im not at ussa right now. It will take a few months to get in the swing of things with the new bays and shelters. I definitely should have had a cooler with me and some towels.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Luis Renova said:
I really loved the stages yesterday. A few of them were the most mentally challenging ones ive shot, well for me at least. Our squad was great!
I liked stages 6 and 7 the best

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
The stages yesterday really were great. The best in quite a long while actually.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
And Hensy, congrats on being the only shooter to actually shoot that rightmost no-shoot on the triangle stage. That took some serious try! How about a picture? Hahaha

grantwoodok

Well-Known Fanatic
guys the shoot last Saturday was world class. The stages were as challenging as the STI shoot at DTR in TX. I have the stages designs for that if anyone wants to use it for one of our club shoots in the future.
Heat WAS brutal and my poor grandsons sat in the air conditioned car for the last few hours to stay out of the heat.

BTW the Frogg towels do wonders to cool you down. Home Depot has them I believe.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Agreed, Grant. And also the towels made a big difference for me. I got the blue EnduraCool from Lowes but I think they are similar.

It was good shooting with you

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
There was a problem with Stage 1 of the match and after looking it over, the only correct move was to throw the stage out. Unfortunately (maybe, depending on how you shot it), it was the classifier. I’ve revised the submission to USPSA and I’m in the process of uploading the revised results to the website as we speak. Here’s the direct link: http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/14scores/jul14/index.html

Sorry about that!

John Bent

grantwoodok

Well-Known Fanatic
That's not an explanation as to why it had to be thrown out. Was there a protest? I don't get it...

Latest posts