USPSA Cheating Scandal et al

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike cyrwus said:
how many ****ers do we know that have said, "if you aint cheatin you aint tryin"

How many of you have said it?
I always say it but i don't cheat I push the limits of the rules like gaming stages and such.

In a life or death situation I'm cheating my ass off.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I've always moved the timer to my back with the time in plain view after running a shooter for 2 reasons.
1. Just in case the racking of the slide gets caught on the timer
2. So the score keeper can get the time written down while I'm doing the show clear mumbo jumbo

The Antichrome

A statement from our Area 4 Director:

As many of you know, an RO from Area 6 has been accused of cheating by adjusting times. The public outcry on several forums and in social media outlets has been loud, profane, and vehement. I can understand the indignation at allegations like this, and the evidence, on the face of it, is damning. Rest assured that the USPSA Board of Directors is working the issue, and in fact we were aware of the problem a day or two ahead of the news breaking on the internet.

Here is a statement from USPSA's Area 1 Director, Chuck Anderson, who has been charged with investigating the allegations:

I just got approval from the BOD to do the actual investigation into the questions regarding Paul Hendrix cheating as a range official for USPSA. If anyone has videos, names info whatever, please email them to me at [email protected]. If you're not comfortable sending it to a USPSA server email it to my personal account at [email protected]. I need the video, native video ideal but I'll take FB or YouTube links if it's not available, and as much info as you can give, shooter name and number, match and stage it came from. I could also use the name and email of the person sending the info to me. If you don't want to give it I understand, but it's going to be prioritized lower than info that comes in with a name associated. I'm going to busy and won't be able to hunt it down spread across FaceBook and various forums.
Edit to add: One other piece of information that would help is if you know what device captured the video. i.e. GoPro, Tachyon, iPhone etc.
Thanks,
Chuck Anderson
USPSA Area 1 Director
I have confidence that Chuck will examine the evidence thoroughly and fairly. As more information becomes available, I will communicate it to you via email.
Regards,
Troy McManus
USPSA Area 4 Director

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
The Antichrome said:
in fact we were aware of the problem a day or two ahead of the news breaking on the internet.
Yeah, because the guy who broke it "on the Internet" contacted them with the information first and got no reply.

In my line of work this is why we have responsible disclosure.

Sundance74

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I always say it but i don't cheat I push the limits of the rules like gaming stages and such.

In a life or death situation I'm cheating my ass off.
Can I get a "Hell Yeah!"

The Antichrome

Update.
The cheating bastard 'resigned' his membership today. BFD, no admission of guilt or info on his henchmen.
I hope this isnt the end of it.
I urge the USPSA to terminate his membership with emphatic prejudice. His name and # should be eliminated from any match records. His senior national championship expunged.
I wonder if the half-million dollars in damages he caused is grounds for a lawsuit or class action. ($500k at least, have you done the math on what he cost shooters?)
Further fallout expected: The GA S/C has stated that he is "welcome" there. Another commended him on his "courage"
Disgusting. I hope the USPSA shooters in GA have the sense to recall their S/C.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I thought guys like this just ended up In the bayou down south? What happens to the 'merica we grew up in?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Jesse Tischauser said:
What happens to the 'merica we grew up in?
Law and order happened. It's so clean and we're all so happy and such great friends with no enemies and bygones are bygones and all our lawns have such attractive short grass so we won't get taxed for being lazy and free.

The Antichrome

The Antichrome said:
...The GA S/C has stated that he is "welcome" there. Another commended him on his "courage"
Disgusting. I hope the USPSA shooters in GA have the sense to recall their S/C.

dennishoddy said:
What he hell is up with the Georgia group? Do they run matches the same way he did?
I suggested in the A6 FB that shooters from GA recall their S/C.
So, their S/C was kind enough to send me this classy PM:

You're from Arkansas, it's no damn concern of yours. But you'll get your wish soon enough, asshole. I've been trying to give away this position for 2 years and I finally found someone who will take it.

Latest posts