USPSA Carry Optics Division

Airic

I shoot.
I dont really care for or against CO, its something new and maybe Ill try it one day.

What gets me is that it already has its own stand alone Nats while its still a provisional division? Seems like a huge commitment for a div that is going to be re-evaluated in Jan 2017

yibomb

Well-Known Fanatic
I just started CO about 3 matches ago and there is a real small group of shooters. 1-3 CO shooters, last club match I was the only person.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I agree, shoot it don't shoot it, I don't care. But no other division prohibits shooters from "playing up" so to speak. You can shoot a production gun in limited or open, a limited gun in open or you can shoot open with only 10 rounds in your gun, whatever. Why prohibit people from shooting CO with irons?

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
The reasons are Stoeger, Vogel, Sevigny, Hopkins, Mink, etc..

We all know that they would win with their irons at a national match against the CO guns, especially now that the weight has been raised. If you allow irons, it will be nothing more than a second production nationals.. For god sake man, give the old guys with crappy eye sight somewhere to win!! :) This is not an official wording from USPSA BoD, just my opinion..

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Mike, I realize that & I realize why guys would shoot it with irons, doesn't mean I agree with either.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
I think it's great that we as an org do provisional divisions to work all of this out before/if it becomes official. We will see how CO shakes out.. I am sure PCC will have a few questions once it gets rolling too. :)

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
L10 is super popular in Area 7 and one of the other smaller areas. It won't go away.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Nor should it. Who cares.. If we have 8 Divisions, folks are still going to shoot what they want and are only competing against those folks..

We have to tag it provisional to avoid the only every two year rule change verbiage in the USPSA bylaws. If it's provisional, changes can be made with just a BoD vote.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
jcameron996 said:
I have come to the conclusion that the second most popular thing to do in uspsa is to debate rules and divisions.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
What's No. 1?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jcameron996

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
What's No. 1?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
It's supposed to be shooting, but if you look at some of those threads over on the other shooting forum arguing may actually be in first place.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk