USPSA Carry Optics Division

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
In July of 2015, USPSA announced the provisional Carry Optics Division. During the past few months, the provisional division has exhibited slow but steady growth. The members interested in this division have spoken, and the USPSA Board of Directors has listened. The division will remain provisional, but for the remainder of 2016 will have some new opportunities.

The changes for Carry Optics Division will make it truly unique from other divisions, and will include:
  • Authorization for all levels of USPSA and Steel Challenge
  • Expanded stippling, contouring and texturing of the grip frame to include undercut trigger guard and grip reduction
  • Expanded slide profiles to include serrations and cosmetic cuts not completely through the slide
  • Increased weight limit of 45 ounces, including optic and empty magazine, allowing more pistols to compete
  • Required use of a slide-mounted optic, prohibiting guns without an optic.
[SIZE=12pt]The next review of the provisional Carry Optics Division is scheduled for late January 2017.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Please note that making some of the changes now allowed in the provisional Carry Optics Division will render your handgun illegal for Production Division. A new appendix has been added to the online rulebook to aid shooters and match officials with the changes.

-USPSA President Mike Foley and USPSA Board of Directors [/SIZE]

• Required use of a slide-mounted optic, prohibiting guns without an optic. pretty soon they will ban seeing the high overall results, so we can see how much production shooters kick their ass

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
  • Required use of a slide-mounted optic, prohibiting guns without an optic. pretty soon they will ban seeing the high overall results, so we can see how much productions shooters kick their ass
That just seems odd. Open doesn't require an optic. I wonder if back up iron sights will be permitted? What if you get caught using those rather than the dot?

Ultimately to each their own...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
100% agree on the consumer demand thing. Just watching my Facebook feed from non-USPSA people and they seem to love the slide mounded optics and plate carriers. Seems to be more focused on Red Dawn than competition, but it might encourage more industry support for USPSA. I'll stick with regular old production... Way fewer things to break.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
mike cyrwus said:
even Jesse doesnt have one of these fruitcake $2500 plastic optic pistols; what does that tell you?
You sure about that? I think he has a Glock 17 with a dot, or at least he did. I even got to hold it.... still haven't washed that hand.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Matt Rigsby said:
You sure about that? I think he has a Glock 17 with a dot, or at least he did. I even got to hold it.... still haven't washed that hand.
I held it too. Does that mean that you and I have........blugh, never mind

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
even Jesse doesnt have one of these fruitcake $2500 plastic optic pistols; what does that tell you?
yes he does, who you kidding

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Josh Cobb said:
I wouldn't say all of USPSA went down this road. I think it's just Matt and Burk right now.

What did I do?

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
I held it too. Does that mean that you and I have........blugh, never mind

This is what you did... Allegedly

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I wouldn't say all of USPSA went down this road. I think it's just Matt and Burk right now.

sounds like Spencer wants in

Latest posts