USPSA at OKCGC 2.6.16

kparsons743

Active Fanatic
May be able to make it out on Saturday. This will be my first USPSA match. I'm assuming 2 mag pouches will be plenty? What are the round counts for the longer stages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
kparsons743 said:
May be able to make it out on Saturday. This will be my first USPSA match. I'm assuming 2 mag pouches will be plenty? What are the round counts for the longer stages?

What division will you be shooting? 2 should be enough for Limited but Production will need 4-5

Stages are not usually over 28

Bring 250 and you will be fine

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk 5.3

I think max is 32 rounds on a stage. Lots of folks have extra if you need something, let us know before the weekend

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Jason Grant said:
I think max is 32 rounds on a stage. Lots of folks have extra if you need something, let us know before the weekend
There's no max.

ETA: 1.2.1.3 Long Courses: in Level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete. At any level match, course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Spencer said:
There's no max.

ETA: 1.2.1.3 Long Courses: in Level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete. At any level match, course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.
Lawyered!

kparsons743

Active Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
What division will you be shooting? 2 should be enough for Limited but Production will need 4-5

Stages are not usually over 28

Bring 250 and you will be fine

I will be shooting a Glock 34 with a DK trigger and base pads. No grip mods or magwell. I was under the impression this would still be production legal?

Glock_21

Well-Known Fanatic
kparsons743 said:
I will be shooting a Glock 34 with a DK trigger and base pads. No grip mods or magwell. I was under the impression this would still be production legal?

Base pads could be an issue for production. I have extra G-17 mags and a couple extra Blade Tech pouches that I could throw in the bag. Just let me know before Saturday.

there are some base pads that are legal, but not the extended ones...that'll put you into Limited Minor

kparsons743

Active Fanatic
Glock_21 said:
Base pads could be an issue for production. I have extra G-17 mags and a couple extra Blade Tech pouches that I could throw in the bag. Just let me know before Saturday.
I could definitely use 2 magazines if the base pads kick me out of production. Should be good to go with mag pouches - have 2 currently. Are the mags gen 3 or 4 (I'm a lefty)?

Thanks for your help!

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
Who wants to get a beer afterwards at that dive bar near I35? Burk and Tony know which one I'm talking about.
Woodcrest. Cash only

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Plan on 8 stages, 175rds minimum, 875pts total possible. Some hosing, some distance, some "you gotta be kidding me". Should be a good time.

Glock_21

Well-Known Fanatic
kparsons743 said:
I could definitely use 2 magazines if the base pads kick me out of production. Should be good to go with mag pouches - have 2 currently. Are the mags gen 3 or 4 (I'm a lefty)?

Thanks for your help!

Mags should be Gen 4s. They were all purchased recently. I will throw a few extras in my bag.

Professor

Well-Known Fanatic
Am I reading IPSC Production rules correctly 15 round max in the magazine, 5lb min trigger, no aftermarket barrel, and cerakote on my slide is not allowed?

Latest posts