UPS drop test

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Item transport companies, UPS, FedEx, USPS etc really don't care about what's in the box!!
0362A2BC-247F-40B9-9D0B-69F8F35DC807.jpeg 996CA933-1C79-46DA-9768-AC58BF00D169.jpeg 5A7C88A4-BCAF-4E24-90AE-0E2C9B63804B.jpeg

This is what the postal service did to a $500 coin I purchased, very hard to find in this grade even with the millions they made there's only 41 worldwide in MS68 and it is the highest grade given to a 2003D Sacajawea dollar! Pisses me off so I understand completely.
I'm glad yours worked out with no damage, I'm still waiting to hear back from the grading company to see if this one is ok.

PS:it was packaged correctly but looked like it was run over with a steam roller!

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Item transport companies, UPS, FedEx, USPS etc really don't care about what's in the box!!
View attachment 3278 View attachment 3279 View attachment 3280

This is what the postal service did to a $500 coin I purchased, very hard to find in this grade even with the millions they made there's only 41 worldwide in MS68 and it is the highest grade given to a 2003D Sacajawea dollar! Pisses me off so I understand completely.
I'm glad yours worked out with no damage, I'm still waiting to hear back from the grading company to see if this one is ok.

PS:it was packaged correctly but looked like it was run over with a steam roller!
Holy crap. Hope that works out. Whoa.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
If you come out even or ahead sell it it unless you realllly love it!
I bought a 10mm Wilson and owned it for a weekend! Shot it with a friend and he basically wasn't going home without it!
Give them the caveat that you get first right of refusal if they sell

Last edited:

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
When I worked for a UPS shipping store years ago, the standard for packing anything was to make it where it could handle a 3 foot drop. They do seem to go out of their way at times to see how much they can damage the boxes.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Most of the items containing glass either lamps, ceiling fans, mirrors, and pendant lights have been arriving to my new house shattered. It seems to be a trend with all the carriers.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Packing glass items properly can get expensive if you go by UPS's guidelines. Not excusing it, but it seems to be a downside to online shopping vs picking it up ourself.

Michael Miedzianowski

Active Fanatic
If they start losing customers they may think twice about the JOB they are doing ALSO IF we post things like this on ALL the SOCIAL MEDIAS we can and spread the words and COMPLAINTS demanding better they will get off their butts and do things right .

nod

Active Fanatic
The first day I went to work for the USPS I was astounded at the way they sorted packages for delivery. The clerk just stands in the middle and launches the packages. The question is "how could the contents not be broken". That was the day I learned how to pack my packages.

edit to add postal management just ignores customer complaints. Been there and watched for years.

RStone

Well-Known Fanatic
View attachment 3278View attachment 3279View attachment 3280

That'll buff right out

Latest posts