Unloaded shotgun start technique

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
My local club has had least one stage per match with an unloaded start. I am going to start practing with for this as I always load the gun then forget that the chamber is empty. I have an m2 and load strong hand. What is the best technique for chambering a round? What is good par time for loading 8 and putting a round in the chamber? Is there any good videos of this? I have match saver should start loading with it?

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea that's one way to deal with it I guess, I weak hand load and it usually takes me 3-5 working days. Guess I need to work on dropping quads. Plus it's how the go fast guys do things. Jesse has some good clips on YouTube on SG loading.

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks that's crazy fast. Do you have any videos on quad loading strong hand. I still load 2 and have been debating on switch to quads. I am pretty fast at 2's 8 shells in just under 4's consistantly. Is switching to quads worth it ?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Eric1231 said:
Thanks that's crazy fast. Do you have any videos on quad loading strong hand. I still load 2 and have been debating on switch to quads. I am pretty fast at 2's 8 shells in just under 4's consistantly. Is switching to quads worth it ?
Quads are without a doubt faster.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Id say it is, you don't have to reach back for your next set. I went from weak hand old school crap to quads it has a learning curve but, I feel like it's faster.

Latest posts