two range offiers

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
I own a Springfield Range Officer Champion 4 inch 9mm. Thinking about getting same in 5 inch. Is it worth it?

Cruise

New Fanatic
You have to be the judge of that. To me personally, you can't have too many. Now the utility of a 5" over a compact is probably more subjective to some and there is clearly a need for others. It all comes down to how you want to spend your $$$$$!

pcb

Fanatic
I have 4" & 5" in both 9mm & .45 ACP. I like the Range Officer. Nice gun right out of the box. Now looking at a Ronin. Never a waste to buy another 1911
I agree, the Ronin is something to look at.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
I went with the Rock Island & modified it also added a Wilson combat strap checkering attachment. It is held on by the grips. Great shooting piece.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Springfield Loaded Target (5") in 9mm that I paid to have my gunsmith checker the front strap.
Hand checkering is a time consuming process..which is why it's expensive to have done.
Also, my guess is why it's only found on more expensive models.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Springfield Loaded Target (5") in 9mm that I paid to have my gunsmith checker the front strap.
Hand checkering is a time consuming process..which is why it's expensive to have done.
Also, my guess is why it's only found on more expensive models.
Correct that's why I went with the attachment checkering strap on that Rock...