Thought I had lready done this

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
My name is Mike Cott and I have been reading here for awhile and bought a few things from the classifides. Got me one these kick a$$ boomer shooter jerseys this year so thought it was time I do this since i aparently havent. I was born and raised in SW KS and the longest I have left was for 16months of auto/diesel VoTech @ UTI in Phoenix. Worked @ ford/chrysler dealer for 7.5 years and quit to work on RV's. Spend 7.5 years working for small dealer and started Mikes RV Repair 10years ago next month. My uncle got me into hunting and fishing @ a young age and unfortunately passed away before I got passed hunting with rifle. Got more involved with guns more about 3yrs ago which eventually lead to competitive shooting, USPSA and bowling pins. Then along came this buddy asking if I wanted to shoot 3gun,,,,,, well I am sure you know the rest of the story!!! Lol. I am now MD for our monthly club shoot here in Garden City,KS starting our 2nd year. Looking very forward to taking this class April 3rd with David Hill in KC and shooting a match the following day with him! If anyone else will be there its actually Bonner Springs, KS and would be cool to meet some forum members. I am also married and the wife shoots a little but my youngest 10yr old daughter is my shooter! Gotta admit I am partial but I do got some video proof ;) Ok done now. Oh and I love 1911's!!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Welcome to the forum Mike. Great job helping out your local shooting community. If we can help with a spot for your scores or announcements or whatever by all means let us know.

James Abram

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey, I'm just a couple of hours from GC, tell me more about your club and the matches there. I drive 2.5-4 hours to EVERY match I shoot, so GC is interesting.

dennishoddy

Welcome to BoomerShooter! Been to Bonner Springs a lot back in the day. Was stationed at Ft Leavenworth Ks for a couple of years. Enjoy the forum!

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks everyone. Jesse I am techno challenged and need to get a couple matches in my contingency thread so I will see how I do with that and try to post matches here also. Where you from James? Our club has been active for over 30years with several organized shoots like USPSA, long range varmint, bowling pins, cowboy action and some others and we are starting our second year of 3gun. Sandandsage.net if you want to check out the calendar and what our range has to offer. We are small 3gun club and learning but would be great to have you come join us. We shoot bay stages and some those are out to 100ish yards and we do have a 500 meter range for some long shots and a cowboy area for some use of windows and doorways. Our range has a lot to offer but it isn't layed out real great for 3gunning multiple stages but we make it work. We have 3gun 3rd Sunday of each month weather permitting all year around. Feel free to PM me and I will send you my # and also join our Facebook page sand and sage 3gun. Not sure what else to tell ya. We usually have 3-5 stages and we don't get into different classes or anything yet we are just having fun. Our club had lots of poppers and pistol steel but let us get almost $10k of MGM targets so a couple plate racks, Texas star, and some longer range self indicating targets we have lots of options. Just need some more creativity in stage planning. You good @ that? LOL. Let me know if I can help James. Thanks again everyone.

59nolimit

Well-Known Fanatic
James look up wormydog1724 on YouTube. He has drove here a few times and shot with us and has videos showing what you might expect.

James Abram

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm from Woodward, OK, abound 2.5 hours south of GC. Seriously thinking about coming up tomorrow. We usually try to do SCRAP USPSA in Duncan the third Sunday, but GC is a bit closer.

Latest posts