Thinking about getting a few Suppressors

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Jesse Tischauser said:
I have a Silencerco Sparrow can that I really like. I'm thinking about picking up a .308 and or .223 can as well as a 9mm and/or .45 ACP can.

What are your thoughts on .308 vs .223 and 9mm vs .45? I will probably build an SBR for the rifle cans. Maybe a .300 Black Out even. I have a dedicated standard .308 & .223 host I could use currently.

I have a Glock 17 with a threaded barrel currently. If probably buy a Glock 21 with a threaded barrel for the bigger can or maybe just use the .45 can in the 9mm if that's doable until I get a .45.

I was thinking about staying with the silencerco line with an Osprey for the pistols and a Saker on the rifles. I'm not well versed on what else is out there though.

What would you recommend with all these options I've thrown at you?
I have a Silencerco Sparrow can that I really like. I'm thinking about picking up a .308 and or .223 can as well as a 9mm and/or .45 ACP can.

What are your thoughts on .308 vs .223 and 9mm vs .45? I will probably build an SBS for the rifle cans. Maybe a .300 Black Out even. I have a dedicated standard .308 & .223 host I could use currently.

I have a Glock 17 with a threaded barrel currently. If probably buy a Glock 21 with a threaded barrel for the bigger can or maybe just use the .45 can in the 9mm if that's doable until I get a .45.

I was thinking about staying with the silencerco line with an Osprey for the pistols and a Saker on the rifles. I'm not well versed on what else is out there though.

What would you recommend with all these options I've thrown at you?

Avezorak

.22 LR
Silencerco make good stuff. The Osprey is a good pistol can. Bear in mind that anytime you shoot an overbore can such as a 9mm through a .45 can or a .223 through a .30 cal can, you will not get as much decibel reduction as if you were using it for the caliber it was designed for. With that said, its not that much difference. I have a SAS Reaper .30 cal that works well on .30 or .223.

Also keep in mind that as cool as the Osprey looks on a Glock 17, an X300 wont fit with the can on. AAC TiRant is another hearing safe pistol can that will work with the light.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
Dustin Gaunder was telling me the tests on the TiRant .45 showed it worked almost as well on 9mm as the TiRant 9mm did. He also recommended if I could only get one rifle can, get the 762SD-N6 first (or something comparable). The logic being, the .308 can may not work *as well* on the .223, but the .223 suppressor DOESN'T work on .308.

jtischauser

Avezorak said:
Silencerco make good stuff. The Osprey is a good pistol can. Bear in mind that anytime you shoot an overbore can such as a 9mm through a .45 can or a .223 through a .30 cal can, you will not get as much decibel reduction as if you were using it for the caliber it was designed for. With that said, its not that much difference. I have a SAS Reaper .30 cal that works well on .30 or .223.
Also keep in mind that as cool as the Osprey looks on a Glock 17, an X300 wont fit with the can on. AAC TiRant is another hearing safe pistol can that will work with the light.
The lights stick out the bottom too far don't they? Is the osprey the only one that has that issue or do most cans?

jtischauser

Brent Akin said:
Dustin Gaunder was telling me the tests on the TiRant .45 showed it worked almost as well on 9mm as the TiRant 9mm did. He also recommended if I could only get one rifle can, get the 762SD-N6 first (or something comparable). The logic being, the .308 can may not work *as well* on the .223, but the .223 suppressor DOESN'T work on .308.
What is the 762SD-N6?

Deathtrap

Semi-Pro/Beep that SH!T
Avezorak said:
Bear in mind that anytime you shoot an overbore can such as a 9mm through a .45 can or a .223 through a .30 cal can, you will not get as much decibel reduction as if you were using it for the caliber it was designed for.
This is incorrect. What you lose in the small difference in the opening at the end will be more than made up for in supressor volume in most cases. My 7.62sd is still one of the best 223 supressors I have tried. I'm not sure about the 9mm through a 45 though. Talk to wormydog, this is his area of expertise.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I have sold a ton of the Osprey. Most have been the .45 ACP and the customers get the 9mm thread piston and they are quite happy. Plus, due to the design of the osprey, the need for tall sights is eliminated.

SWR's new SPecWar 7.62 is something I am wanting to get my hands on. I have been impressed with the quality of the 5.56 SpecWar and for the money, I think it is hard to beat.

I have also shot a 30 cal Thunderbeast up at Hornady's zombie shoot. I was hoping to pick the one they had on the prize table. I have been told by several owners, that the poi shift is minimal with the Thunderbeast.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a SWR Octane. It's a good choice for a first purchase. I have the 9 mm. It is rated for full auto, 300 BLK subsonic, and it comes apart in about 30 seconds so you can use it for 22 and dump it all in a ultrasonic cleaner.

Hit me up. We can go test it out.

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a 762 SDN-6 and it does as well on my 223 rifle as any 223 can that I have heard, and it is ridiculously quiet on my 300 Blackout SBR with subsonic ammo. I still havent gotten to try it on my 6.8 yet to see how it will do maybe this weekend.

Avezorak

.22 LR
Jesse Tischauser said:
The lights stick out the bottom too far don't they? Is the osprey the only one that has that issue or do most cans?
The Osprey is the only one Ive seen that has this issue. I know the light will work with a TiRant.

Avezorak

.22 LR
Jake Burki said:
This is incorrect. What you lose in the small difference in the opening at the end will be more than made up for in supressor volume in most cases. My 7.62sd is still one of the best 223 supressors I have tried. I'm not sure about the 9mm through a 45 though. Talk to wormydog, this is his area of expertise.
It may vary from one can to the next but we were playing with an M4-2000 and an SDN6-762 and all three of us could tell a difference. It wasnt huge but it was noticable.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
One year wait for the stamp or the can?
I've been waiting since January for SDN-6. Supposed to be approved soon. I think 8-10 months is the new normal now for suppressors.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
One year wait for the stamp or the can?
It's at least a yr wait on all stamps right now. Due to sequestration they let go of all the helpers (40ish) to the 16 or so people who sign off on stamps. I have a buddy that sells and makes cans and he confirmed the wait

jtischauser

scubor2 said:
Is there a OKC area B.S. member who can do class III transfers?
Steve at Cold Hand did my 3 transfers and has helped BS with group buy transfers. Not saying he's gonna do it for free but Steve will take good care of you.

Latest posts