Chambers Custom The Triple Crown

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Wanted to import this thread Joe started elsewhere about the Triple Crown. Hands down, the finest pistol I've ever shot.

This gun is a tale of joy. It started out as a 100th year anniversary Colt in .38super that came to us from a good friend and client. While it was here to get a little work our friend was blessed with not one, but two new children! The sad side is he couldn't keep the gun as his family just doubled. So he asked us what we wanted to do and I said, "Let's build it up sweet and sell it!".

Enter Jake...I thought it would make for a great project for us to do together, he as the apprentice, me as the teacher. I allowed him to go creatively as far as he wanted, choose the caliber, grips and even the name. I helped him make the barrel fit perfect, do the hand bevels, machine some cosmetics, and lastly polish the sanded flats. He did the rest. It is a spectacular pistol.

As aforementioned, the base gun is a Colt 80 Series. It was sent off to Doug Jones at Accu-rail to have the slide to frame fit done to perfection. It has a perfectly tuned trigger at 3lb 8oz. The barrel is a brand new Kart NM .38Super with Kart bushing. The recoil plug is custom made by Jake to be flush fitting with the bushing. There are three flute cuts (thus the "Triple" part of the name) on the top of the slide, front strap and mainspring housing. The front sight is a perfectly blended dovetail front done by Jake and the rear is the classic Harrison Retro.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
And think, you were going to sell her. Glad you kept it. A beauty right here.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
I frickin love this gun! Never get enough of it. Truly elegant.

Dan

Well-Known Fanatic
awesome work! I should also say the by adding the Elephant Ivory will really make this POP!

Nikrnic

Well-Known Fanatic
What a beautiful piece. Doug works on all of mine, he is one fantastic machinist/smith.

zb338

Well-Known Fanatic
The .38 Super is really a nice caliber. That gun is Super.

Zeke