Team match

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
The 2012 Area 6 pistol championship had a team event. Each team declared a shooter from each division and they shot the match like any other competitor. No extra shooting, no fuss. It didn't get a lot of traction. I suspect that it may be because the shooters were supposed to already be sponsored by the team sponsor. I haven't heard about this from any other match. Do you think it is something that might gain more support in our area?

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I leave to tag team! I'm in.

Will there be scores? And how soon will they be posted?
The question is where would the team event take place? Once we know that we can answer your questions.
I see it as a way to generate interest in all the divisions. In OKC it might be difficult to find revolver, SS and L10 shooters. In other places you can probably find shooters in two of those fairly easily.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Plc gun club is the biggest match around. I doubt it could work with all 6 divisions cause you would only have 10 teams max. If you wanted to do it with all 6 you would have to do done ore planning to pick teams naming finding guys willing to shoot SS, L10, & Revo.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Javi, Ft. Benning 3-gun used to do this. It was a cool way to pocket some extra cash. You picked your team by division, and by percentage in division.

No.343

Well-Known Fanatic
I like cash. What do you mean "by percentage"? I'm assuming that you mean some sort of handicap or class limits?

Latest posts